ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TimerControl No Action Found

TimerControl No Action Found « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
bobbee
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: TimerControl No Action Found Reply with quote

Knight

IIB 10.0.0.4

I am using the TimerContro node and trying to send a Control message. I build the message from the IBM Supplied Message XSD. I am sending this to the TimerControlNode input queue from RFHUTIL:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><TimeoutRequest xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="timeoutrequest.xsd"><Action>SET</Action><Identifier>VUEHOLDTIMER</Identifier><StartDate>TODAY</StartDate><StartTime>10:05:00</StartTime><Interval>1800</Interval><Count>-1</Count><IgnoreMissed>TRUE</IgnoreMissed><AllowOverwrite>TRUE</AllowOverwrite></TimeoutRequest>

The error I am getting entering the TimerControl node is:

Text:CHARACTER:Timeout Action missing

This is the message tree in the debugger:

Code:

XMLNSC
   XmlDeclaration
         Version:CHARACTER:1.0
         Encoding:CHARACTER:UTF-8
   TimeoutRequest
         xsi:CHARACTER:http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
         noNamespaceSchemaLocation:CHARACTER:timeoutrequest.xsd
         Action:CHARACTER:SET
         Identifier:CHARACTER:VUEHOLDTIMER
         StartDate:CHARACTER:TODAY
         StartTime:CHARACTER:10:05:00
         Interval:CHARACTER:1800
         Count:CHARACTER:-1
         IgnoreMissed:CHARACTER:TRUE
         AllowOverwrite:CHARACTER:TRUE

Any suggestion your be appreciated.[/b]
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

10.0.0.4 is a little bit old. Did you try it at a higher fix pack?
bobbee
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

I would do that upon suggestion but I would not be able to implement the FP without alot of political saber and shield banging.

I have switched the Notification node to AUTOMATIC and the interval to 1800. Almost the same thing as what they wanted. Of course I can go the CRON route. Thanks for the reply.
timber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
The error I am getting entering the TimerControl node is:
Text:CHARACTER:Timeout Action missing
Are you sure that there was no BIPnnnnE with that message? IIB usually reports a unique id with every error message. If you search for that you may well get some hits.
bobbee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Yes there is, but it gives me the same wording as in the exception.

Dec 10 02:41:48 core IIB[30071]: IBM Integration Bus v10004 (CFQM.BR.CFQM.BR.EG) [Thread 24051] (Msg 2/3) BIP2230E: Error detected whilst processing a message in node 'VUE_HOLDS_TIMER_MF.Timeout Control'.
Dec 10 02:41:48 core IIB[30071]: IBM Integration Bus v10004 (CFQM.BR.CFQM.BR.EG) [Thread 24051] (Msg 3/3) BIP4603E: The Timeout Control Node 'VUE_HOLDS_TIMER_MF.Timeout Control' received a timeout request that did not contain a timeout action.

BIP4603
The Timeout Control Node <insert_1> received a timeout request that did not contain a timeout action.
Severity
20 : Error
Explanation
The Timeout Control Node <insert_1> received a timeout request that did not contain a timeout action. The request message was correctly navigated to the specified timeout request location, but this location did not contain an Action element.
Response
Supply an Action element, with one of the valid values of SET or CANCEL.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Did you by any chance forget to specify on the timeout node the location of the time out part in the message?
bobbee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

yeah...........that was the fist issue I hit. It was telling me there was no message at all. SO I fixed the property. It is now telling me it can find the message and it can navigate to the place it want to find 'Action' and it does not find it. I can see it in the Trace, Debugger, etc. It is from a message generated from the IBM Supplied XSD.

Good question though!!
bobbee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

I have 10.0.0.7 running on my laptop. I installed the flow and tried the message. It failed with the same error.

Code:

<TimeoutRequest><Action>SET</Action><Identifier>VUEHOLDTIMER</Identifier><StartDate>TODAY</StartDate><StartTime>10:05:00</StartTime><Interval>1800</Interval><Count>-1</Count><IgnoreMissed>TRUE</IgnoreMissed><AllowOverwrite>TRUE</AllowOverwrite></TimeoutRequest>
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bobbee wrote:
I have 10.0.0.7 running on my laptop. I installed the flow and tried the message. It failed with the same error.

Code:

<TimeoutRequest><Action>SET</Action><Identifier>VUEHOLDTIMER</Identifier><StartDate>TODAY</StartDate><StartTime>10:05:00</StartTime><Interval>1800</Interval><Count>-1</Count><IgnoreMissed>TRUE</IgnoreMissed><AllowOverwrite>TRUE</AllowOverwrite></TimeoutRequest>

Do you have the timeout request as part of the payload, as the payload or in the RFH2 or in the environment?
bobbee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

It is in the <body> and is the only thing there. I am using it to set the start time and interval
rekarm01
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TimerControl No Action Found Reply with quote

Grand Master

bobbee wrote:
Code:

XMLNSC
   XmlDeclaration
         Version:CHARACTER:1.0
         Encoding:CHARACTER:UTF-8
   TimeoutRequest
         xsi:CHARACTER:http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
         noNamespaceSchemaLocation:CHARACTER:timeoutrequest.xsd

The TimeoutControl node doesn't really parse the Timeout Request as xml. Try removing the xml declaration, and any namespace declarations or attributes.

Is there any reason not to put the Timeout Request message in the default "Request location" (LocalEnvironment.TimeoutRequest)? Does it overlap with the "Stored message location"?
bobbee
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

I can put the message in that location and try it. The message seems to indicate it sees the message, just cannot find <Action>SET</Action>

But I will follow up on your suggestion. I do believe when I started I did have it without the declaration. But will also fall back to that.
bobbee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Remove the location and let it default and moved the meessage to LocalEnvironment. It still doesn't see Action:

LocalEnvironment
TimeoutRequest:CHARACTER:<TimeoutRequest><Action>SET</Action><Identifier>VUEHOLDTIMER</Identifier><StartDate>TODAY</StartDate><StartTime>10:05:00</StartTime><Interval>1800</Interval><Count>-1</Count><IgnoreMissed>TRUE</IgnoreMissed><AllowOverwrite>TRUE</AllowOverwrite></TimeoutRequest>
rekarm01
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: TimerControl No Action Found Reply with quote

Grand Master

bobbee wrote:
Code:
LocalEnvironment
   TimeoutRequest:CHARACTER:<TimeoutRequest><Action>SET</Action><Identifier>VUEHOLDTIMER</Identifier><StartDate>TODAY</StartDate><StartTime>10:05:00</StartTime><Interval>1800</Interval><Count>-1</Count><IgnoreMissed>TRUE</IgnoreMissed><AllowOverwrite>TRUE</AllowOverwrite></TimeoutRequest>

Is that what it looks like in the debugger, a single "CDATA"-like element? Can you add a Trace node to display the structure and element types of the Timeout request message? It should look more like it did in the first post, a parent element with child elements, except without the various declarations and attributes:

Code:
LocalEnvironment
   TimeoutRequest
         Identifier:CHARACTER:VUEHOLDTIMER
         StartDate:CHARACTER:TODAY
         StartTime:CHARACTER:10:05:00
         Interval:CHARACTER:1800
         Count:CHARACTER:-1
         IgnoreMissed:CHARACTER:TRUE
         AllowOverwrite:CHARACTER:TRUE

It might also help to see some of the code used to create the message.
bobbee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

So, this does not look like the representation you displayed. I had it in there as an XMLNSC, without the Declaration, then I flattened it on request to a plain character string (BLOB). So this is what mine looks like now.

Code:

2018-12-11 13:31:41.557504    27492   UserTrace   BIP2539I: Node 'VUE_HOLDS_TIMER_MF.Trace': Evaluating expression ''LocalEnvironment'' at ('', '1.3'). This resolved to ''LocalEnvironment''. The result was ''ROW... Root Element Type=16777216 NameSpace='' Name='Root' Value=NULL''.
2018-12-11 13:31:41.557576    27492   UserTrace   BIP4060I: Data ''( ['MQROOT' : 0x7fde1c0eb4e0]
                                         (0x03000000:NameValue):TimeoutRequest = '<TimeoutRequest><Action>SET</Action><Identifier>VUEHOLDTIMER</Identifier><StartDate>TODAY</StartDate><StartTime>10:05:00</StartTime><Interval>1800</Interval><Count>-1</Count><IgnoreMissed>TRUE</IgnoreMissed><AllowOverwrite>TRUE</AllowOverwrite></TimeoutRequest>
                                       ' (CHARACTER)
                                       )
                                       '' from trace node 'VUE_HOLDS_TIMER_MF.Trace'.
                                       The trace node 'VUE_HOLDS_TIMER_MF.Trace' has output the specified trace data.
                                       This is an information message provided by the message flow designer.  The user response will be determined by the local environment.

[quote][/quote]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » TimerControl No Action Found
Jump to: