ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Setting WMQ_CCDTURL in XMS and unmanaged mode doesn't work

Setting WMQ_CCDTURL in XMS and unmanaged mode doesn't work « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dudetom
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Setting WMQ_CCDTURL in XMS and unmanaged mode doesn't work Reply with quote

Apprentice

I don't know why my question is deleted, but here we go again. It took me lots of time to find the root cause. It's disrespectful to just delete such a detailed question.. At least give feedback why the older topic is deleted...

-------------------------------------------------------------

I did a lot of reseach, and I'm stuck at a later phase now in our implementation as client ...

In short the requirements are:

SSL
Client app does Load-balancing. We need separate CCDT files in one application so we can handle all connections ourselves.
Unmanaged mode is used for SSL
XMS is used for asynchronous automatic consumption of incoming messages instead of polling the queue
IBM MQ Client V8.0.0.5 is used

We connect to 4 QMs. Everything is the same in the 4 connections except the port. QM name is '*'.

To configure separate CCDT files we can configure XMSC.WMQ_CCDTURL, but in unmanaged mode this is ingored. If I only change the connection mode to CLIENT mode (CT_WMQ) then it looks in the right configured directory. But when using unmanaged mode, this property is ignored.

This question is also asked here: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=0268e8f5-8562-4b28-a621-32e20dee0c53

I try same settings, once with client mode and once with unmanaged mode. Event viewer gives different output related to CCDT. In unmanaged mode it looks for the default location.

Client mode event viewer event: http://pasted.co/27db600f (CCDT does not exist but it looks in the right directory which is good)
Unmanaged mode event viewer event: http://pasted.co/d5979a2c
Please help in setting separate CCDTURLs for these 4 separate connections. Don't ask me to use one CCDT with all the defined connection in it, that's not what we want because we want to do the load-balancing ourselves.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dudetom wrote:
Don't ask me to use one CCDT with all the defined connection in it, that's not what we want because we want to do the load-balancing ourselves.

To expand on this a little, you'll find background in the OP's earlier post here

Also, as I think I mentioned in your earlier post, a CCDT with multiple connections doesn't load balance but connects to the first available connection described in the CCDT. So if you want to load balance client connections you need multiple CCDTs (as you've elected here) or a network level load balancing solution.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Setting WMQ_CCDTURL in XMS and unmanaged mode doesn't wo Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dudetom wrote:
I don't know why my question is deleted, but here we go again. It took me lots of time to find the root cause. It's disrespectful to just delete such a detailed question.. At least give feedback why the older topic is deleted...

Hey, it's free forum software and we get what we pay for. Wait until you start getting your replies posted twice for an equal lack of reason.

And it is a very good problem description. Can I suggest you drop a link to this thread on your old one to stop suggestions on both? I felt the back link I added would stop some of the usual suspects reopening the "why not use a single CCDT" question, despite what you said.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

And to preempt a question of "why are you just posting and not helping", this is all the help I'm qualified to give on the language you're using.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Vitor wrote:

Also, as I think I mentioned in your earlier post, a CCDT with multiple connections doesn't load balance but connects to the first available connection described in the CCDT. So if you want to load balance client connections you need multiple CCDTs (as you've elected here) or a network level load balancing solution.

MQ CCDTs can load balance connections. Its controlled by the CLNTWGHT parameter only available on CLNTCONN channels.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

PeterPotkay wrote:
Vitor wrote:

MQ CCDTs can load balance connections. Its controlled by the CLNTWGHT parameter only available on CLNTCONN channels.

It's a heck of a week for me learning new things through this forum
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Review your environment variables and delete them if you have MQCHLLIB or MQCHLTAB set.

Make sure to only use the MQCCDTURL (depending on your MQ level).
Best pass the CCDTURL to the properties on your XMS connection factory...

Have fun
dudetom
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I unset every environment variable, the mqclient.ini file is empty.

I tried with latest IBM MQ client version v 9.0.5. But still CCDTURL is ingored... Please can someone create a PMR for this because I don't have a IBM Customer ID... :help:

This is what I try:

var factory = XMSFactoryFactory.GetInstance(XMSC.CT_WMQ);
cf = factory.CreateConnectionFactory();

cf.SetStringProperty(XMSC.WMQ_CCDTURL, "file:///C:/AMQCLCHL1414.TAB");
cf.SetIntProperty(XMSC.WMQ_CONNECTION_MODE, XMSC.WMQ_CM_CLIENT_UNMANAGED);
cf.SetStringProperty(XMSC.WMQ_QUEUE_MANAGER, "*");

This should work right? :-?

Tried a lot of different formatting on CCDTURL, nothing works.. Can someone create a PMR for this please ...
dudetom
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I clearly see it checks all possible places for the CCDT:

This tracing of XMS and CCDTURL set:

----------

000019C3 10:25:37.155234 5188.1 RSESS:000001 xcsGetEnvironmentString[MQSERVER] = NULL
000019C4 10:25:37.155242 5188.1 RSESS:000001 --------}! xcsGetEnvironmentString (rc=xecE_E_ENV_VAR_NOT_FOUND)
000019C5 10:25:37.155247 5188.1 RSESS:000001 --------{ xcsGetEnvironmentString
000019C6 10:25:37.155254 5188.1 RSESS:000001 xcsGetEnvironmentString[MQCCDTURL] = NULL
000019C7 10:25:37.155261 5188.1 RSESS:000001 --------}! xcsGetEnvironmentString (rc=xecE_E_ENV_VAR_NOT_FOUND)
000019C8 10:25:37.155266 5188.1 RSESS:000001 --------{ xcsGetEnvironmentString
000019C9 10:25:37.155271 5188.1 RSESS:000001 xcsGetEnvironmentString[MQCHLLIB] = NULL
000019CA 10:25:37.155278 5188.1 RSESS:000001 --------}! xcsGetEnvironmentString (rc=xecE_E_ENV_VAR_NOT_FOUND)

----------

first MQSERVER
then CCDTURL
then MQCHLLIB
finally the default location

Unfortunately it doesn't catch the CCDTURL property that I've set
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

dudetom wrote:

000019C6 10:25:37.155254 5188.1 RSESS:000001 xcsGetEnvironmentString[MQCCDTURL] = NULL
000019C7 10:25:37.155261 5188.1 RSESS:000001 --------}! xcsGetEnvironmentString (rc=xecE_E_ENV_VAR_NOT_FOUND)

Unfortunately it doesn't catch the CCDTURL property that I've set

Are you setting CCDTURL or MQCCDTURL?

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
dudetom
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

cf.SetStringProperty(XMSC.WMQ_CCDTURL, "file:///C:/AMQCLCHL1414.TAB");

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Setting WMQ_CCDTURL in XMS and unmanaged mode doesn't work
Jump to: