ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe

Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqbrks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,

We have few issues sending files through CD Output Node to Mainframe application. As we need to send data sets and configure additional parameters to send data set to mainframe, this is not being possible using CD output Node.

Option 1. So the options we have is using the CD Script that sends files to Mainframe(configuring all the additional parameters) - this has to be tested yet.

Option 2. CD output to Sterling.

Can you someone who has experience with CD or Sterling throw some light on pros and cons for the above options?

Thank you!
fschofer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi,

regarding option 1 you could try to run your CD scripts from a java compute node using the IBM Sterling Connect:Direct Application Interface for Java
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27023717

Not so sure what is meant with option 2 ?

Regards
Frank
mpong
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

why don't you use CICSRequest node to integrate with Mainframe system?
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqbrks wrote:
As we need to send data sets and configure additional parameters to send data set to mainframe, this is not being possible using CD output Node.

What additional parameters?
mqbrks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Voyager

Quote:

The below script works, where as how can I specify these additional options to pass it on to CDOutput node?

SUBMIT IIBproc1 process snode=CD.IBM.P444
snodeid=(ABCID3)
step1 copy from (file=/home/Dcdadmin/Testfile.txt)
to (file=ABCDE.EFGHE.MKA.FBPC.TEST(+1) DISP=NEW
DCB=(DSORG=PS,
LRECL=93,
RECFM=FB,
BLKSIZE=0)
SPACE=(CYL,(2,2),RLSE))
pend ;
mqbrks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

mpong wrote:
why don't you use CICSRequest node to integrate with Mainframe system?

That's seems like good idea, need to explore options and also have to check with target team.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqbrks wrote:
Quote:

The below script works, where as how can I specify these additional options to pass it on to CDOutput node?

SUBMIT IIBproc1 process snode=CD.IBM.P444
snodeid=(ABCID3)
step1 copy from (file=/home/Dcdadmin/Testfile.txt)
to (file=ABCDE.EFGHE.MKA.FBPC.TEST(+1) DISP=NEW
DCB=(DSORG=PS,
LRECL=93,
RECFM=FB,
BLKSIZE=0)
SPACE=(CYL,(2,2),RLSE))
pend ;

Why are you specifying DCB parameters on what is clearly a GDG?
mqbrks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Voyager

Quote:

Why are you specifying DCB parameters on what is clearly a GDG?

Mainframes needs those parameters. I figured out why CD Output node is not working.

The sysopts are never being overriden by IIB. That is causing issue while sending any file to mainframe. The SYSOPTS syntax on unix is not being acceptable to send file on Mainframe.

This doesn't work for mainframe
SYSOPTS=":DATATYPE=text:STRIP.BLANKS=no:XLATE=yes:"

You need to use this syntax to send file to mainframes.

SYSOPTS="DATATYPE=TEXT,STRIP.BLANKS=NO,XLATE=YES"

If you configured it in your esql code on the local environment IIB creates two SYSOPTS... instead of overriding. I have a PMR opened with IBM. Will update if I can find anything more.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqbrks wrote:
Mainframes needs those parameters.

Not on a GDG which already has the DCB parameters defined in the base catalog.

mqbrks wrote:
I figured out why CD Output node is not working.

Yay you.

mqbrks wrote:
The sysopts are never being overriden by IIB. That is causing issue while sending any file to mainframe. The SYSOPTS syntax on unix is not being acceptable to send file on Mainframe.

This doesn't work for mainframe
SYSOPTS=":DATATYPE=text:STRIP.BLANKS=no:XLATE=yes:"

You need to use this syntax to send file to mainframes.

Which is why it's always a best practice to fold parameters into the correct case, or upper case if you're uncertain. Mainframes tend to assume upper case.

mqbrks wrote:
If you configured it in your esql code on the local environment IIB creates two SYSOPTS... instead of overriding. I have a PMR opened with IBM. Will update if I can find anything more.

Can you post your ESQL? Not saying it's not a bug (and a PMR is the correct course of action) but there may be something code related you can do.
mqbrks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe Reply with quote

Voyager

Quote:

Not on a GDG which already has the DCB parameters defined in the base catalog.

The mainframes contact person was saying so, I don't know why. But I have tried without these parameters, it was working using script.

Quote:

Which is why it's always a best practice to fold parameters into the correct case, or upper case if you're uncertain. Mainframes tend to assume upper case.

I am thinking the way sysopts is being created on unix env is different from the way mainframes accepts it.

Quote:

Can you post your ESQL? Not saying it's not a bug (and a PMR is the correct course of action) but there may be something code related you can do.

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.CD.Copy.From.Option.SYSOPTS ='"DATATYPE=TEXT,STRIP.BLANKS=NO,XLATE=YES"';
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.CD.Copy.To.Option.SYSOPTS ='"DATATYPE=TEXT,STRIP.BLANKS=NO,XLATE=YES"';

In the trace you see this

COPYFILE COPY
FROM (
FILE="/......../ABCDE.EKFGH.IKE.EUCB.TEST(+1)"
SYSOPTS=":DATATYPE=text:STRIP.BLANKS=no:XLATE=yes:" )
TO (
FILE="ABCDE.EKFGH.IKE.EUCB.TEST(+1)"
DISP=RPL
SYSOPTS=":DATATYPE=text:STRIP.BLANKS=no:XLATE=yes:" )
CLEARUP if (COPYFILE LE 4 ) then
RUN TASK PNODE (PGM=UNIX)

So if you see the script that it is running at the backend, it is appending the SYSOPTS instead of overriding.

Correct me if I am wrong anywhere. I haven't got any update from IBM, will let you know if I get one.
pradeep3j
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am facing the same problem that SYSOPT is getting appended. I need to transfer the file from UNIX to WIndows environment and using the syntax as below

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.CD.Copy.To.Option.SYSOPTS ='datatype(binary) xlate(NO) strip.blanks(yes)';

The script is appending rather than overriding

SYSOPTS=datatype(binary) xlate(NO) strip.blanks(yes) SYSOPTS=":STRIP.BLANKS=no:DATATYPE=binary:XLATE=no:"

Can you please help me if you fixed the issue?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

pradeep3j wrote:
Hello, I am facing the same problem that SYSOPT is getting appended.

That's not the same problem as in this year old thread, nor does it seem to be the same problem you've now posted 3 times in here.

pradeep3j wrote:
I need to transfer the file from UNIX to WIndows environment and using the syntax as below

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.CD.Copy.To.Option.SYSOPTS ='datatype(binary) xlate(NO) strip.blanks(yes)';

The script is appending rather than overriding

SYSOPTS=datatype(binary) xlate(NO) strip.blanks(yes) SYSOPTS=":STRIP.BLANKS=no:DATATYPE=binary:XLATE=no:"

ESQL isn't script, and if you're claiming that the ESQL line you've posted results in the statement you've posted appearing in the LocalEnvironment then you need to raise a PMR with IBM as you've discovered a massive bug in the software.
pradeep3j
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for quick reply. Yes, the two SYSOPTS got generated from ESQL. I will be raising PMR for the same and will update back.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you tried creating a CD file and submitting that just overriding the file parameter?
pradeep3j
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was just trying to have the compute node followed by CDOutput Node where I specified SNODE, Directory, CDConfigurable service etc. The CDOutput node was automatically generating the script for me based on the parameters I was setting in LocalEnvironment tree and IIB was placing that script in error logs. I have raised the PMR with IBM and will update back as soon as I receive reply from IBM

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Connect Direct (from IIB) to Mainframe
Jump to: