ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » JDBC connection in message broker

JDBC connection in message broker « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gappodi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: JDBC connection in message broker Reply with quote

Voyager

I was going through the following documentation in order to understand JDBC connections are obtained in broker by JCN.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac30494_.htm

I have two questions here....

1) Does message broker API mandate that a call to getJDBCType4Connection() method MUST be made with in evaluate() or onitialize() method of a JCN ?

2) Is there a harm if a call to getJDBCType4Connection() method is made from a user defined method in a JCN.

The reason I am asking this is because I saw following exception in my application when run in a multi-threaded mode and having a call to getJDBCType4Connection() method in a user defined method in one of the JCNs.

at com.ibm.broker.jdbctype4.localtrxn.JDBCType4SinglePhaseTrxnHandlerErrors.throwException(JDBCType4SinglePhaseTrxnHandlerErrors.java:217)
at com.ibm.broker.jdbctype4.localtrxn.JDBCType4SinglePhaseTrxnHandler.getConnection(JDBCType4SinglePhaseTrxnHandler.java:338)
at com.ibm.broker.jdbctype4.localtrxn.JDBCType4SinglePhaseTrxnHandler.getConnection(JDBCType4SinglePhaseTrxnHandler.java:154)
at com.ibm.broker.jdbctype4.connfact.JDBCType4ConnectionFactory.getConnection(JDBCType4ConnectionFactory.java:163)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor37.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbNode.getJDBCType4Connection(MbNode.java:1564)
at com.ibm.einvoicing.java.common.hrpdf.GenerateHRPdf.findAndLoadXSLTIS(GenerateHRPdf.java:305)
at com.ibm.einvoicing.java.common.hrpdf.GenerateHRPdf.evaluate(GenerateHRPdf.java:140)
at com.ibm.broker.javacompute.MbRuntimeJavaComputeNode.evaluate(MbRuntimeJavaComputeNode.java:281)
at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbNode.evaluate(MbNode.java:1480)
at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbOutputTerminal._propagate(Native Method)
at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbOutputTerminal.propagate(MbOutputTerminal.java:133)
at com.ibm.broker.plugin.MbOutputTerminal.propagate(MbOutputTerminal.java:88 )

I do not see this exception when run in multi threaded mode and having a call to getJDBCType4Connection() method inside evaluate() method in one of the JCNs.

Please provide thoughts here..

Regards,
Maneesh Sharma
martinb
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

We would be better able to offer help if you provided detail of the BIP error being thrown in this case in addition to the exception stack trace.

When you say

Quote:

.. I saw following exception in my application when run in a multi-threaded mode and having a call to getJDBCType4Connection() method in a user defined method in one of the JCNs.

I do not see this exception when run in multi threaded mode and having a call to getJDBCType4Connection() method inside evaluate() method in one of the JCNs.

Is it that your "method in a user defined method" is actually a method in an additional separate class from the class implementing the Java compute node, and hence constructed by your own code?

It's likely that the getJDBCType4Connection() call can only be made in methods on the class that is extending "com.ibm.broker.javacompute.MbJavaComputeNode" and internally instantiated by the IIB system to execute the flow Java Compute node.

My suggestion would be that if you want to instantiate and call other user provided classes from a Java Compute node that will process the database interaction, then make the getJDBCType4Connection() in the provide class for the Java Compute node during the onitialize() or evaluate() method and pass the Connection object into your own classes.

HTH

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » JDBC connection in message broker
Jump to: