ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with large XML message

Issue with large XML message « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Nandinii
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Issue with large XML message Reply with quote

Hi Friends,

I am facing issue with following scenario. I am getting large XML message and i need to insert it into DB. I am having around 3000 tags in my XML which needs to insert into DB. I created a while loop and inserting my 3000 records per each message into DB. But my execution group is getting crashed ?

I came to know I can use LASTMOVE and MOVE and change reference and DELETE previous reference which can fix this issue. Is there any other way of doing that with out using reference.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Nandinii
timber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I came to know I can use LASTMOVE and MOVE and change reference and DELETE previous reference which can fix this issue. Is there any other way of doing that with out using reference.
Not that I know of. If your input XML is very large, you need to design your message flow to manage memory carefully. Why don't you want to use references?
souciance
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with large XML message Reply with quote

Disciple

Nandinii wrote:
Hi Friends,

I am facing issue with following scenario. I am getting large XML message and i need to insert it into DB. I am having around 3000 tags in my XML which needs to insert into DB. I created a while loop and inserting my 3000 records per each message into DB. But my execution group is getting crashed ?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
Nandinii

Large message means you need to stay away from parsing the entire message, instead parse as much as you need. Hence, you need to use references.
Nandinii
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Quote:
Not that I know of. If your input XML is very large, you need to design your message flow to manage memory carefully. Why don't you want to use references?

Hi,

I want to check if there is any other way of parsing message with out using reference.

Thanks,
Nandinii
timber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
I want to check if there is any other way of parsing message with out using reference.
Yes, you said that. But why do you want to avoid using references?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Hi Nandinii...when dealing with repeatable structures reference is the efficient way to access it. Not sure how you are using Move/Lastmove in regards to the While loop but have you considered using a For loop instead which may be a more cleaner approach.

Also, I suppose the broker is creating heap/core dumps when the EG crashes? if so it is worth looking whether it is reporting any specific issue, eg:- OOM(out of memory) errors, if so you need to tune the heap size accordingly.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with large XML message Reply with quote

Grand Master

Nandinii wrote:

Please note the difference between "reference" and "reference variable". It is just about impossible to do anything at all to a message tree without using references.

However, it is easy to access even very large messages without using reference variables; just replace the variables with whatever references they would otherwise resolve to.

Reference variables can significantly improve the performance associated with message tree navigation, but should not necessarily have an effect on memory usage due to message parsing.

Without knowing why the EG is crashing, or what the message flow is doing, or why it shouldn't use reference variables, ... good luck.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with large XML message
Jump to: