ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB not starting with -d defined

IIB not starting with -d defined « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
leron8
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: IIB not starting with -d defined Reply with quote

Novice

I'm doing a fresh installation of IIB V10.0.0.9 together with MQ V8.0.0.7 on a RHEL 7.4.

I can't get a broker start together with MQ, I've created the QMGR and the BROKER with these commands:

Code:

crtmqm -u SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE QMGRTEST
mqsicreatebroker IIBNODE_TEST -q QMGRTEST -d defined

When I issue the mqsistart command I get the following error (translated from spanish):

Code:
 BIP8059E: The command has not run correctly because the QMGR of the component is not available.
The command has not run correctly because the associated QMGR is not currently available.
Run the command after restarting the QMGR.

When I issue the dspmq and mqsilist commands I get this:
Code:

[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 registry]$ dspmq
QMNAME(QMGRTEST)                                          STATUS(Running)

[iib-admin-prod@SVLP-IIB-01 registry]$ mqsilist
BIP1298I: The integration node 'IIBNODE_TEST' has stopped. The QMGR 'QMGRTEST' will start it as a WebSphere MQ service.

mqsicvp command:

Code:

BIP8873I: Iniciando la verificación de componente para el componente 'IIBNODE_TEST'.
BIP8876I: Iniciando la verificación de entorno para el componente 'IIBNODE_TEST'.
BIP8894I: La verificación ha resultado positiva para 'Registry'.
BIP8894I: La verificación ha resultado positiva para 'MQSI_REGISTRY'.
BIP8894I: La verificación ha resultado positiva para 'Java Version - 1.7.0 IBM Linux build pxa6470_27sr4fp5-20170421_02(SR4 FP5)
BIP8894I: La verificación ha resultado positiva para 'MQSI_FILEPATH'.
BIP8878I: La verificación de entorno para el componente 'IIBNODE_TEST' se ha completado satisfactoriamente.
BIP8882I: Starting WebSphere MQ verification for the component 'IIBNODE_TEST'.
BIP8885E: Verification has failed. It has not been possible to connect with QMGR 'QMGRTEST'. MQRC: 2035 MQCC: 2
BIP8883W: WebSphere MQ verification for the component 'IIBNODE_TEST' has completed but one or more checks have not been successful.
BIP8294I: Se ha omitido la verificación del entorno ODBC porque la variable de entorno ODBCINI no está establecida.
BIP8875W: La verificación de componente para 'IIBNODE_TEST' se ha completado pero una o más comprobaciones no han sido satisfactorias.

I couldn't find much information on "MQRC: 2035 MQCC: 2" other than adding the user to the mqm group:

Here are the users - mqm for MQ, and iib-admin-prod for IIB (mqbrkrs group was created with the iib installation and mqm user and group with MQ installation):

Code:

[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 registry]$ id mqm
uid=1101(mqm) gid=1100(mqm) grupos=1100(mqm),1001(mqbrkrs)

[iib-admin-prod@SVLP-IIB-01 registry]$ id iib-admin-prod
uid=1001(iib-admin-prod) gid=1002(iib-admin-prod) grupos=1002(iib-admin-prod),1001(mqbrkrs),1100(mqm)

Here are the folder permissions:
Code:

[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 var]$ pwd
/var
[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 var]$ ls -l
drwxrwsr-x. 13 mqm            mqm      234 oct 13 12:00 mqm
drwxrwxr-x. 12 iib-admin-prod mqbrkrs  187 oct 16 16:36 mqsi
--=======================================
[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 opt]$ pwd
/opt
[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 opt]$ ls -l
total 0
drwxr-xr-x.  3 iib-admin-prod root  26 sep  8 10:23 IBM
dr-xr-xr-x. 19 mqm            mqm  272 sep 28 18:22 mqm
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

So the service will be started as mqm. Unless you have a sudo command in the broker startup script the mqm userid will try to start the broker. Is it also part of the mqbrokers group?

Start the mq service and see your broker come up.

Have fun
leron8
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
So the service will be started as mqm. Unless you have a sudo command in the broker startup script the mqm userid will try to start the broker. Is it also part of the mqbrokers group?

Start the mq service and see your broker come up.

Hello and thanks for the answer,

The mqm userid belongs to the mqbrkrs group and the iib-admin-prod userid belongs to the mqm group.

Code:
[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 registry]$ id mqm
uid=1101(mqm) gid=1100(mqm) grupos=1100(mqm),1001([b]mqbrkrs[/b])

[iib-admin-prod@SVLP-IIB-01 registry]$ id iib-admin-prod
uid=1001(iib-admin-prod) gid=1002(iib-admin-prod) grupos=1002(iib-admin-prod),1001(mqbrkrs),1100([b]mqm[/b])

By starting the MQ service you mean this command? https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q083640_.htm
I see that it's only for Windows.

The command I'm using is from here (and it doesn't start the broker): https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.adm.doc/q083650_.htm

Code:
strmqm QMGRTEST
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

NO I meant start mqservice as in

Code:
echo start service(iib_service_name) | runmqsc <qmgr>

Have fun
leron8
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:

Code:

I can't get it working, I've tried the following:

Code:
runmqsc QMGRTEST

Code:
DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER )

And when I try to start it, it says:

"AMQ8740" saying I need to fill in the STARTCMD option.

Then I tried this:

Code:
DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( './opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistart IIBNODE_TEST' ) STOPCMD ( './opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistop IIBNODE_TEST' )

This:
Code:

DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( '/opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistart IIBNODE_TEST' ) STOPCMD ( '/opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistop IIBNODE_TEST' )

This:
Code:

DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( './opt/mqm/bin/strmqm QMGRTEST' ) STOPCMD ( './opt/mqm/bin/endmqm QMGRTEST' )

And this:
Code:

DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( '/opt/mqm/bin/strmqm QMGRTEST' ) STOPCMD ( '/opt/mqm/bin/endmqm QMGRTEST' )

(I also tried without the '' and I get a bad syntax error)

And when I try to start in all the cases:

Code:
START SERVICE( SVRMQT )
AMQ8734: The command has not executed correctly - The program cannot be initialized.

I don't see any errors regarding that in /var/log/messages or in /var/mqm/errors/AMQERR01.LOG
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

leron8 wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Code:

Code:
runmqsc QMGRTEST

Code:

Then I tried this:

Code:
DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( './opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistart IIBNODE_TEST' ) STOPCMD ( './opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistop IIBNODE_TEST' )

This:
Code:

DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( '/opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistart IIBNODE_TEST' ) STOPCMD ( '/opt/IBM/iib-10.0.0.9/server/bin/mqsistop IIBNODE_TEST' )

This:
Code:

DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( './opt/mqm/bin/strmqm QMGRTEST' ) STOPCMD ( './opt/mqm/bin/endmqm QMGRTEST' )

And this:
Code:

DEFINE SERVICE ( SVRMQT ) CONTROL ( QMGR ) SERVTYPE ( SERVER ) STARTCMD ( '/opt/mqm/bin/strmqm QMGRTEST' ) STOPCMD ( '/opt/mqm/bin/endmqm QMGRTEST' )

Code:
START SERVICE( SVRMQT )
AMQ8734: The command has not executed correctly - The program cannot be initialized.

I don't see any errors regarding that in /var/log/messages or in /var/mqm/errors/AMQERR01.LOG

Don't create the service, it gets created / removed by the broker.
see mqsichangebroker -d [defined | undefined]

Once the service has been created by the broker try and start it from MQ.
Typically send the output to a known file and examine it. The service start command should run mqsiprofile... (it does in windows). if not, make sure to run it before you start the queue manager....
leron8
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
leron8 wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Code:

Code:
runmqsc QMGRTEST

Code:

Then I tried this:

Code:

This:
Code:

This:
Code:

And this:
Code:

Code:
START SERVICE( SVRMQT )

Don't create the service, it gets created / removed by the broker.
see mqsichangebroker -d [defined | undefined]

Once the service has been created by the broker try and start it from MQ.
Typically send the output to a known file and examine it. The service start command should run mqsiprofile... (it does in windows). if not, make sure to run it before you start the queue manager....

What name does it create for the service?

I did indicate -d defined when I created the broker.

When I try this:
Code:
START SERVICE ( IIBNODE_TEST )

Code:
START SERVICE ( QMGRTEST )

It says that it cannot find the WMQ Object
leron8
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

if i run this:
Code:

[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 ~]$ runmqsc QMGRTEST
5724-H72 (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1994, 2011. TODOS LOS DERECHOS RESERVADOS.
Se está iniciando MQSC para el gestor de colas QMGRTEST.

DISPLAY SERVICE (*)
     1 : DISPLAY SERVICE (*)
AMQ8629: Ver detalles de información de servicio.
   SERVICE(SVRMQT)
AMQ8629: Ver detalles de información de servicio.
   SERVICE(SYSTEM.DEFAULT.SERVICE)

I only see the service "SVRMQT" I created and the default service which none of them can be explicitly started. What could be the problem?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

That the userid used to run the mqsichangebroker -d defined did not have any rights to change the qmgr?
Just as an FYI, broker and associated queue manager are on the same server right?

leron8
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
That the userid used to run the mqsichangebroker -d defined did not have any rights to change the qmgr?
Just as an FYI, broker and associated queue manager are on the same server right?

I used this user "iib-admin-prod" to indicate the -d defined parameter on the mqsicreatebroker command. It has rights, it belongs to the mqm group:
Code:

[iib-admin-prod@SVLP-IIB-01 ~]$ id
uid=1001(iib-admin-prod) gid=1002(iib-admin-prod) grupos=1002(iib-admin-prod),1001(mqbrkrs),1100(mqm) contexto=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

And yes, the broker and qmgr are on the same server.
[/code]
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

leron8 wrote:

I used this user "iib-admin-prod" to indicate the -d defined parameter on the mqsicreatebroker command. It has rights, it belongs to the mqm group:

And yes, the broker and qmgr are on the same server.

This is why it is so confusing most of the time. If the broker was started before the id was made part of the group, you may have to bounce the broker and use a new login.
Did you do a refresh security on the qmgr before attempting the -d defined?

A lot of this is not just about whether the user is part of both groups NOW but whether the session being used believed the user was part of both groups THEN...
Have fun
leron8
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Ok, I've tried the following:

UserId is allready part of mqm group
Code:

uid=1001(iib-admin-prod) gid=1002(iib-admin-prod) grupos=1002(iib-admin-prod),1001(mqbrkrs),1100(mqm) contexto=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

Commands:

Code:

crtmqm -u SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE -q QMGRP

strmqm QMGRP

runmqsc QMGRP

REFRESH SECURITY (*)
   end

mqsicreatebroker IIBNODE_PR -q QMGRP -d defined

Got this error:

Code:
BIP8246E: No se puede crear el servicio de WebSphere MQ para el nodo de integración IIBNODE_PR y el gestor de colas QMGRP. El código de retorno de WebSphere MQ es 246.
Ha habido un error cuando se creaban los servicios de WebSphere MQ para detener e iniciar un nodo de integración.
Compruebe el motivo del error de WebSphere MQ y emprenda la acción de corrección que se sugiera.

On the documentation: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/au16560_.htm#au16560_15a

I see this: "Explanation: You must be a member of the mqm group to run the mqsicreatebroker command with the -d parameter.", but the user allready is, and I also tried with root user with no luck.

I also tried creating the broker without the -d parameter and then executing a "mqsichangebroker IIBNODE_PR -d defined", also no luck.
leron8
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have this in my /etc/group, is it correct?:

Code:

cat /etc/group

mqbrkrs:x:1001:mqm,iib-admin-prod
iib-admin-prod:x:1002:
mqm:x:1100:iib-admin-prod,mqm

Where:
- "mqbrkrs" was created by the IIB installation, I added mqm and iib-admin-prod.
- "iib-admin-prod" was created by me for the IIB administration
- "mqm" was also created by me for WMQ administraction and added the iib-admin-prod and mqm

The ids now, are as follows:
Code:
[mqm@SVLP-IIB-01 ~]$ id
uid=1101(mqm) gid=1100(mqm) grupos=1100(mqm),1001(mqbrkrs) contexto=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

Code:
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

log out, log in as iib-admin-prod, source your MQ and IIB environments and try again.
Make sure you source the mq environment. You can either set this up in mqsiprofile (see how to create a command environment) or source the MQ environment before sourcing mqsiprofile.

Have fun
leron8
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Ok, so basically we've figured out it was a userid length issue, the user iib-admin-prod is more than 12 characters.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/aimsupport/entry/valerie_lampkin_title_12_character_group_id_limitation_for_websphere_mq_on_linux_and_other_unix_platforms5?lang=en

We created another user less than 12 characters, added the mqm group to it, logged out, executed REFRESH SECURITY(*) on "runmqsc QMGRP", logged in again on the new user, :

Code:

mqsicreatebroker IIBNODE_P  -q QMGRP -d defined
mqsicvp IIBNODE_P

The last command outputs "BIP8884I: The WebSphere MQ verification for the component 'IIBNODE_P' has completed successfully. "

Code:

mqsistart IIBNODE_P
mqsilist

We get: BIP1284I: The integration node 'IIBNODE_P' which has the default queue manager 'QMGRP' and administration URI 'http://host:port' is in execution.
BIP8071I: The command has finished correctly.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB not starting with -d defined
Jump to: