ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » COD and "Authorization failed as the SID..."

COD and "Authorization failed as the SID..." « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KoGor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: COD and "Authorization failed as the SID..." Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi all!
Have faced recently with a problem that cannot solve.
I have two Windows AD Domains INT and EXT. In each domain there are MQ managers INT.MGR and EXT.MGR

Both managers are running from domain users: INT\int_mq_srv and EXT\ext_mq_srv

All security is disabled.
I have created local windows user "ext_mq_user" and included it in local mqm group on both mq manager servers.
The EXT.MGR is sending all messages to INT.MGR using sender/receiver channel. MCA user for this channel is "ext_mq_user". All messages is putted into INT.MGR successfully.

There is an application that get all messages from INT.MGR using mq client channel where MCA USER is set to "int_mq_user"." int_mq_user" is a local user in local mqm group on manager INT.MGR. When application gets a message from queue a COD should be sent to EXT.MGR, but I get an error on INT.MGR(attached screenshot):
Authorization failed as the SID 'xxxxxxx' does not match
the entity 'ext_mq_user'.
EXPLANATION:
The Object Authority Manager received inconsistent data -
the supplied SID does not match that of the supplied entity
information.

I have tried to change mq client MCA user to int_mq_user but with no success. What am I doing wrong? Could not find any solution still.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CXVpoggDO1CYjYmC3
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Is there a cross-domain trust? It's implied as it appears the user's SID does not match.

Are you able to add the domain ext_mq_user account to the local mqm group on the INT.MGR server?
KoGor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

No, domains are not trusted. Ext_mq_user is local user on both managers. Domain users are ext_mq_srv and int_mq_srv, from which MQ services are running. All other users are local.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

KoGor wrote:
No, domains are not trusted. Ext_mq_user is local user on both managers. Domain users are ext_mq_srv and int_mq_srv, from which MQ services are running. All other users are local.

Any reason codes in the queue manager log, and which user does that SID match?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Remember entities in windows are recognized by their SID.
So user alpha in domain A has a different SID than user alpha in domain B.

As you have no cross domain trust established you are falling foul of that problem for the messages being sent with int_mq user or ext_mq user.

Have fun
KoGor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Is there any solution? I cannot find in information center anything close to my problem. It's impossible to enable cross domain trust between domains. They are separated by firewall from security reasons.
Is it OAM who read and compare user's SID during an establishing connection? Because there is a MCA user in channel exists and regular messages handling with no problems.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

KoGor wrote:
Is there any solution? I cannot find in information center anything close to my problem. It's impossible to enable cross domain trust between domains. They are separated by firewall from security reasons.
Is it OAM who read and compare user's SID during an establishing connection? Because there is a MCA user in channel exists and regular messages handling with no problems.

What happens if you put the MCAUser on the receiver end of the channel?
COA / COD messages are sent with the user on the message and that is the user from the other domain... One of the possibilities would be to add that user (inclusive domain information) to the qmgrs local mqm group.

The downside is that the service user of the qmgr would need to have domain privileges to read group membership for both domains...

Have fun
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

User "x" in Domain 1 will have a different UUID from User "x" in Domain 2.

You either need to, somehow, magically, create a user x in Domain 1 with the same UUID as the user x in Domain 2, and risk the wrath of your Domain Admins....

Or explain the issue to your Domain Admins and ask them how to resolve it... I suspect they will then set up cross domain authentication. Or tell you that it's not allowed because of security issues.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

fjb_saper wrote:
COA / COD messages are sent with the user on the message

Not technically correct.

- COA messages are sent with the queue manager's UserId
- COD messages are sent with the UserId from the original message.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

RogerLacroix wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:
COA / COD messages are sent with the user on the message

Not technically correct.

- COA messages are sent with the queue manager's UserId
- COD messages are sent with the UserId from the original message.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.

Thanks Roger, learning every day. I thought both were afflicted with the same problem... needing the userid of the original message to be authorized...
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

For COAs, its the User ID of the program putting the message with the COA Report Option set that needs authority, not the queue manager User ID.

When this is a RCVR or CLUSRCV channel from another QM, then its the ID that that channel is running as that needs the authority. This may or may not be the same ID that the QM is running as (i.e. mqm).

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.dev.doc/q097680_.htm
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

PeterPotkay wrote:
For COAs, its the User ID of the program putting the message with the COA Report Option set that needs authority, not the queue manager User ID.

When this is a RCVR or CLUSRCV channel from another QM, then its the ID that that channel is running as that needs the authority. This may or may not be the same ID that the QM is running as (i.e. mqm).

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.dev.doc/q097680_.htm

Ok, technically true but on distributed platforms, it is unheard of to have the queue manager and the MCA run under different UserIds whereas on z/OS this is common.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

We run all our RCVR and CLUSRCVR channels as non mqm. On all platforms. The accounts they do run under don't have access to certain queues we would never want a remote queue manager sending to, things like command queues and initiation queues.

The channels are actually defined with a hard coded MCAUSER with zero access. Only when MQAUSX and/or CHLAUTH decide the remote QM is legitimate is the channel allowed to run as the non mqm account.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » COD and "Authorization failed as the SID..."
Jump to: