ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » HTTP webservice retry without losing the message order

HTTP webservice retry without losing the message order « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Best to check the requirements before using very complex designs.

If there are different endpoints - better to use different queues, or split the messages up in a message flow.

Keeping things simple is always best. If they need to join up answers then that sounds like an aggregation to me.

I have a rule of thumb - if the design is hard to explain - it's a bad design - don't try and code it.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Regardless of possible designs and solutions in IIB / MQ, any requirement for transaction affinity CANNOT rely on simple IIB flow processing and MQ message delivery to provide ordering.

This logic needs to be implemented in the back-end apps and be very robust and tolerant of failures and delays.

We had a recent case where it was discovered that an IIB interface into a back-end web service had an ordering dependency that was not called out in the design. We made a very strong case that IIB / MQ cannot provide ordering, and the app had to accept that, and modify their design.
souciance
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: HTTP webservice retry without losing the message order Reply with quote

Disciple

Bichu wrote:
Hi Guys,

Need a help. I have a requirement where i received messages from a source, do some processing and need to POST data to destination.
I need to maintain the order of messages as well. My flow will be like
Code:
MQ input - Compute - HTTP request
Failure will go to error q where retry message flow needs to be designed
success will got to audit log

The problem is when the destination web service is not accessible, i can have a retry mechanism for retry sending the message to the destination.
But once the webservice comes available, both normal as well as backed out queues will be processed and I will lose the order.

How can I maintain the order here. Any ideas please.

Late to the party but I would go back tell your project manager that this kind of order persistence is not what the IIB product is meant for. IIB is not a state machine or a process engine. It is driven by events. Keeping order like that will just lead to bad code and design. It would be better if you change your solution design instead.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » HTTP webservice retry without losing the message order
Jump to: