ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XMLNSC message to Cobol message ;getting a serializing error

XMLNSC message to Cobol message ;getting a serializing error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ritikagarg55
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: XMLNSC message to Cobol message ;getting a serializing error Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am working on a project where my input is a cobol message. I have created a message model to create a DFDL of the input copybook. I have created a soap message out of the input cobol message in order to trigger the provider WSDL service and get back a soap response.

I am not using the SOAP parser but an XMLNSC parser to travel through the soap response.

Now I have to convert the soap response back to the cobol message via the compute Node and the response message models.

getting the following error when trying to do:

ERROR part 1:

CTDU4075E: The DFDL serializer cannot output the text representation of element '#xscd(/type::xxxx/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::[b]child2[/b])'. The serialized string value 'An error occurred whilst parsing with DFDL ; CTDP3053E: Zoned text to number conversion error for element '#xscd(/type::xxxx/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx)': 67A' with length '251' is greater than the declared length '100'

ERROR Part2:
Text:CHARACTER:An error occurred whilst serializing with DFDL

ERROR Part3 :
Text:CHARACTER:CTDU4124E: The DFDL serializer received an unexpected ElementValue event.

Kindly help me resolve this error.

Note: tag names have been replaced with xxxxx to maintain confidentiality.
timber
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You claim that you are trying to write a COBOL record:
Quote:
Now I have to convert the soap response back to the cobol message via the compute Node and the response message models.

getting the following error when trying to do

...but the error message is from the DFDL parser
Quote:
An error occurred whilst parsing with DFDL

I think you need to check your understanding of where the error is happening.
I also recommend that you use the DFDL perspective and perform a test parse on your data. Examine the DFDL Trace to check that the parsing is occurring *exactly* as you expect it to.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

timber wrote:
You claim that you are trying to write a COBOL record:
Quote:

getting the following error when trying to do

...but the error message is from the DFDL parser
Quote:
An error occurred whilst parsing with DFDL

I think you need to check your understanding of where the error is happening.
I also recommend that you use the DFDL perspective and perform a test parse on your data. Examine the DFDL Trace to check that the parsing is occurring *exactly* as you expect it to.

Are you sure you're responding to the right post?
Quote:
Code:
CTDU4075E: The DFDL serializer cannot output the text representation of element '#xscd(/type::xxxx/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::[b]child2[/b])'. The serialized string value 'An error occurred whilst parsing with DFDL ; CTDP3053E: Zoned text to number conversion error for element '#xscd(/type::xxxx/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx)': 67A' with length '251' is greater than the declared length '100'

ERROR Part2:
Text:CHARACTER:An error occurred whilst serializing with DFDL

ERROR Part3 :
Text:CHARACTER:CTDU4124E: The DFDL serializer received an unexpected ElementValue event.

This clearly indicates that there is a serialization problem and the problem is that the field is too big... i.e. the content in the XML is longer than the max length defined in the DFDL model...
Have fun
ganesh
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Quote:
'An error occurred whilst parsing with DFDL ; CTDP3053E: Zoned text to number conversion error for element '#xscd(/type::xxxx/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx)': 67A'

You are trying to insert the above data of length '251' into a field (shown below) which can accept a value of length "100".

Quote:
'#xscd(/type::xxxx/model::sequence/schemaElement::xxxx/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::child2)
timber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Are you sure you're responding to the right post?
Fair question. I was, but I obviously should have read the error more carefully.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: XMLNSC message to Cobol message ;getting a serializing e Reply with quote

Grand Master

ritikagarg55 wrote:
Kindly help me resolve this error.

This looks like two different errors.

The first is a parsing error, trying to copy a number from the input message to the SOAP request ("Zoned text to number conversion error ..."), possibly due to some confusion between a zoned decimal and a packed decimal. Somehow the error message itself ends up in the SOAP message, rather than the number.

The second is a serialization error, trying to copy the error message from the SOAP response to the output message ("Serialized string value [is too long] ...").

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XMLNSC message to Cobol message ;getting a serializing error
Jump to: