ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Handling elements with MaxOccurs bigger then 1 in CWF

Handling elements with MaxOccurs bigger then 1 in CWF « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
omatan234
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Handling elements with MaxOccurs bigger then 1 in CWF Reply with quote

WMB version - 8.
I'm using CWF in my MessageSet.

I have a few elements set to have MaxOccurs bigger then 1, 999999 to be specific.

When I'm transporting a message I oviusly don't have that actual number of occurens in my elements but the MessageSet expect the message to have that exact number of elements (which isn't realistic).

In the end the message doesn't have the required number of occurens so it goes to the next element and it creats a mismatch between the expected element (Messageset) and the actual element (messege).

The exception is BIP 5344

How can I change my MessageSet's CWF so it can accept the dynamic number of occurens of the element and keep on to the next element without any errors ?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You'll have a lot better luck using DFDL instead of CWF.

Generally, though, when you have a dynamic number of records, you need to know two things: 1) When does a given record end - this could be at a line end, a fixed width, some kind of separator, etc. 2) When does the whole set of records end - this pretty much has to be a different thing than the thing used previously.

DFDL does also let you use one field to specify how many occurances of another record there will be - so you could say "Field X says how many Record Ys there will be"
omatan234
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets say I cannot use DFDL, I can only use MRM and CWF.

What I need to change in MessageSet or CWF properties in order for this to work.

And to connect to your answer, how can i saperate each occurens.

Please answer both questions.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

omatan234 wrote:
Lets say I cannot use DFDL, I can only use MRM and CWF.

What I need to change in MessageSet or CWF properties in order for this to work.

The ones relevant to your data.

omatan234 wrote:
And to connect to your answer, how can i saperate each occurens.

By using the pieces of your data that indicate where things are separated.

omatan234 wrote:
Please answer both questions.

I'm afraid that I'm a volunteer, and don't get paid to answer any questions at all.

You are creating a model of your data. This matches the structure of your data. If I knew what your actual data looked like, I could give better answers.

But I'm not getting paid to do so.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Handling elements with MaxOccurs bigger then 1 in CWF
Jump to: