ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Replay SOAP/HTTP transactions

Replay SOAP/HTTP transactions « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ceteareth
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Replay SOAP/HTTP transactions Reply with quote

Acolyte

I am now able to log to database using monitoring and send logged message to destination queue via replay.
We would like to maximize replay function but most of our services are either SOAP or HTTP. At the moment I am thinking of creating an application that would consume the message from the replay queue and have some sort of logic that would send the replay message to the appropriate service. My concern is that this approach may take alot of resources. Any advise on this?
mpong
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Why do you think it's going to consume more resources. You are going to get the msg from queue and post right . Can you eloborate your requirement in detail
ceteareth
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

My requirement is that my services are using SOAP(HTTP) input node.
From what i understand when you replay a transaction the message gets put into a destination queue. Before my understanding is that when I press replay the transaction gets automatically replayed.

Now to get the message be replayed I am thinking of creating a service which will consume the message in the replay/destination queue and then a logic within the service will send a SOAP/HTTP request to the correspoding target service base on the content of the message retrieved from the replay/destination queue.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I didn't think that SOAP/HTTP was a transactional protocol.

If you want to simply repeat the SOAP call, without using the record/replay - you can catch exceptions and take the appropriate steps to either retry the SOAP call, or let the message get handled by any upstream exceptions (including the message flow input node).

If you need to replay a message at a later time, then yes - you need to process a queue and then create a new SAOP call.

Writing a single flow to do that, that routes based on message data, is a good idea - if you can do so. You may end up needing a large table of messages and routing destinations.
ceteareth
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks everyone. We will just proceed with creating a new service to route messages to target service.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Replay SOAP/HTTP transactions
Jump to: