ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB9 How to retain Quotes from the values read from Database

IIB9 How to retain Quotes from the values read from Database « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqceries
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: IIB9 How to retain Quotes from the values read from Database Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

We have a situation where we are reading data from oracle table and doing mapping and populating to a File through FTP. We apply a message set on the data retrieved from the database, do mapping and apply another layer of message set for generating the File.

Our requirement needs to read values in the field of table containing quotes (") and retain them in the output file as it is. and over that we are applying group terminator and group initiator to add quotes to every field in the output file.

Ex: table field value : 1bcd
output field value: "1bcd"

This we added group properties..

But for some reason Message sets are ignoring quotes when reading from the data base

Table field value : "1bcd"
This should become : ""1bcd"" in output file..

Strangely message broker is trimming the quotes when they are appearing begininng and ending of the fields.. say "1bcd" from the database when it comes to mapping the value is only 1bcd.

We were told that quotes are expected in middle of the field values too say 1b"cd or 1b"c"d and we should retain them.. Broker was throwing error saying there is a quote in middle of the value. We are using TDS layer for parsing the input data.

I read the infocenter and used a Escape sequence and Reserved charector to preserve the quote- obviously we are trying to minimise coding and implement logic at message set level and the following is the output

Reserved Character : "
Escape character : / this we have applied on Character Data settings on mset properties..for a TDS layer..
and now the output became this for

/"618M DEP FOR /"IMAGERUNNER 7105/" - Value i kept in database Field

"/"618M DEP FOR /"IMAGERUNNER 7105/"" - The Output

and told the other team to treat / as escape charector.. kindly please help if there any way that i can retain quotes.. and not using any escape charector even i use one..how to make sure it wont appear in output with out coding.

To use the above logic.. i have to ask database team to add escape character and other team also to treat / as escape character.

Thanks,
Wy.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Don't use TDS/MRM.

Use DFDL.
mqceries
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank you Jeff, DFDL is out of box, we have to change a lot of things. Kindly please suggest an alternate with MRM.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqceries wrote:
Thank you Jeff, DFDL is out of box, we have to change a lot of things. Kindly please suggest an alternate with MRM.

Not sure what you mean by "out of box".

The DFDL csv template should do a lot of the work for you... although timber may disagree...
mqceries
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

our frame work and all not yet tuned for DFDL..
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqceries wrote:
our frame work and all not yet tuned for DFDL..

What do you need to "tune" for DFDL?

It's just a different message domain with better capabilities than MRM and lower resource requirements. You don't need to change a thing except to use it.

One of the "better capabilities" is to do what you need more easily.
mqceries
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

i do all respect and appreciate for pushing DFDL.. i have used it in the past when working for a different client..

I Kindly request you guys to please suggest me an alternative to DFDL.. Thanks a lot..
timber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

DFDL allows you to define your own 'Escape scheme'.
See section 13.2.1 of this:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.dfdl.spec.doc/dfdl_index.htm

Quote:
i do all respect and appreciate for pushing DFDL.. i have used it in the past when working for a different client..

I Kindly request you guys to please suggest me an alternative to DFDL.
You could write yourself a parser and/or a serializer in Java or ESQL?

But why not DFDL? You may have good reasons for not wanting to use DFDL, but you have not explained them here. You could start by explaining this comment:
Quote:
DFDL is out of box, we have to change a lot of things
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

I have experienced some clients where the IIB Developers are only allowed to use certain components and thus functionality of the product. Sometimes this list have not changed in years and WBI/IIB Versions.
Some years ago, I interviewed for a job where this enforced. The Architects had decided that it wouls be MRM or nothing back in the days before DFDL. No amount of pleading would get them to even reconsider the limits. For me it was that I had to use HTTP nodes for all SOAP operations even though the SOAP nodes were available.
I lasted a week before moving on.

If the OP says that DFDL is not allowed then I would believe them having experienced this sort of thing myself.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
adubya
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

DFDL in v8 is very poor IMO, luckily v8 is approaching end of support !

I'm working for a customer still using WMB v8 and we've had lots of issues with DFDL and have had to move to alternative parsing strategies due to poor performance. IIB 9/10 DFDL implementations are much better,
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I am sure "timber", as one of the IBM DFDL developers, could give you some advice on performance, if you post an example of the issue.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB9 How to retain Quotes from the values read from Database
Jump to: