ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Load Balancing between IIB servers using DataPower

Load Balancing between IIB servers using DataPower « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqxplorer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Load Balancing between IIB servers using DataPower Reply with quote

Master

I am opening this new thread based on a 4 year old thread information and some other information I read in infocenter.

http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=61246&highlight=

As per the innformation in the above link, there are three possible options for load balancing ...

Code:

For example, you could use the HTTP Proxy Servlet that comes with broker, deploy that to a container, and have DP access that instead of the EG listeners directly.

For example you could install IHS or Apache in a couple of locations and manually configure the http servers to do routing and loadbalancing.

For example you could configure one or more F5 switches to know how to route to the right EG listener based on the URL.

We use IBM Integration Bus V9 with multi instance broker/queue manager configurations.

We use DataPower as Enterprise gateway for authentication/authorization, load balancing the traffic to IIB / WAs servers. We do not have issues with load balancing between WAS servers using DataPower, however, we have isues with IIB servers to load balance using DataPower. After going through the above link and some information in infocenter, I see that there is a possibility to use DP for the load balancing using HTTP Proxy servlet supported by IIB. Based on some more information, I see the below bullet points which made me stop reading and clarify the questions I have ...

Code:
In order that the HTTP proxy servlet can access the SOAPInput and SOAPReply nodes, you must enable the broker listener for each integration server where message flows with SOAP nodes are deployed.

Does this mean, we cannot use the HTTP Proxy servlet based solution for load balancing, if we use EG level embedded listeners?

Another one ...

Code:
You cannot use the HTTP proxy servlet if you configure your broker environment to use multi-instance WebSphere MQ queue managers because the HTTP proxy servlet cannot connect to the standby queue manager when it becomes active.

Our environment is already configured to use multi-instance Websphere MQ Queue managers .... This completely disqualifies us using DP for Load Balancing with HTTP proxy servlet option?

Thanks
mqxplorer
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I'll defer to others with more direct knowledge, but IMHO yes. Another good reason to use HA software but multi-instance......

You might be able to stand up a WAS or Apache instance in front of IIB and finagle something, but I think your combination of MI & EG level listeners is rather painting you into a corner.

Someone else may have a brilliant idea for you.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Your best option is to use the EG listeners and configure DP to know about both addresses of the MI configuration as well as the addresses of the two brokers you are trying to load balance across.

The HTTP Proxy Servlet is a JEE servlet. You need a JEE server container, like WAS, to run it. If you're running IHS in front of WAS, you can use the
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/be55230_.htm
to generate a config for you...
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
The HTTP Proxy Servlet is a JEE servlet. You need a JEE server container, like WAS, to run it. If you're running IHS in front of WAS, you can use the
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/be55230_.htm

Like I said - finagle.

(I'm surrounded by Java dohickies.....)
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Vitor wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

Like I said - finagle.

(I'm surrounded by Java dohickies.....)

Finagle? Is that some new IIB Node?

Back on topic, this whole area is IMHO best left to the Network people to mess with. If they can't sort out THEIR load balancer then who can eh?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Load Balancing between IIB servers using DataPower
Jump to: