ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Environment

Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Environment « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
srikanthc60
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Environment Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi All,

We have WMB 8.0.0.4 and IIB 10.0.0.4 installed parallelly on the same server.

WMB 8004 should work with WTX 8405 and IIB 10 with ITX 9.

But while running the broker profile in particular version, we are getting an error like below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
su - wmbid --> this is WMB 8 , but looking for IIB 10
Version minimum match failed. Needed 10000, determined 8004

MQSI 8.0.0.4
/opt/IBM/mqsi/8.0.0.4

su - iib10id --> this is IIB 10 , but looking for WMB 8

Explicit version match failed. Needed 8000, determined 10000

MQSI 10.0.0.4
/opt/IBM/mqsi/10.0.0.4/server

IIB 10 is looking for WTX 8 and WMB 8 is looking for ITX 9(may be my interpretation is wrong)

I tried to ran the dtxwmqi_84_64.sh for WTX 8 and same in ITX 9, but didn't help

Could some one help me how to resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You need to look at the way the command environment is created
${WORKPATH}/commons/profile/...
You need to check the VMRF part of the version, before setting the WTX/ITX variables.
Once that is set right your mqsiprofile will set the right WTX /ITX environment.

Have fun
srikanthc60
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks for the response fjb_saper!!

But we have same ${WORKPATH} as /var/mqsi for both WMB8 and IIB 10 brokers.

and we have both WTX 8 and ITX9 script files (dtxwmqi_84_64.sh) in same location. ( ${WORKPATH}/common/profiles/..)

The moment when we tried to switch to broker, it is automatically reading these files(dtxwmqi_84_64.sh) and giving the error.

It is reading WTX 8 file when switching to IIB 10 and ITX9 file when switching to WMB8. Which should happen vice versa(WMB8-WTX8 and IIB10-ITX9)

Much appreciated, if any suggestions to resolve this!!
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

srikanthc60 wrote:
Thanks for the response fjb_saper!!

But we have same ${WORKPATH} as /var/mqsi for both WMB8 and IIB 10 brokers.

and we have both WTX 8 and ITX9 script files (dtxwmqi_84_64.sh) in same location. ( ${WORKPATH}/common/profiles/..)

The moment when we tried to switch to broker, it is automatically reading these files(dtxwmqi_84_64.sh) and giving the error.

It is reading WTX 8 file when switching to IIB 10 and ITX9 file when switching to WMB8. Which should happen vice versa(WMB8-WTX8 and IIB10-ITX9)

Much appreciated, if any suggestions to resolve this!!
That was my whole point....
When running the ITX9 file setting the environment you first need to check that the value of environment variable MQSI_VERSION / MQSI_VERSION_V is 10. Make sure you compare this as a number and not text...

The same way when running the WTX8 script. Before setting environment variables (like path, libpath etc...) you need to check the value of MQSI_VERSION_V as a number
This will guarantee that you load the right value for WTX8 or ITX9 when running mqsiprofile.

Have fun
rekarm01
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Reply with quote

Grand Master

fjb_saper wrote:
You need to check the VMRF part of the version, before setting the WTX/ITX variables.
Once that is set right your mqsiprofile will set the right WTX /ITX environment.

The mqsiprofile sets the VMRF variables, and also calls whatever scripts it finds in ${MQSI_WORKPATH}/commons/profile.

So, exactly when or where would one check the VMRF before deciding which scripts to call that set the right WTX / ITX variables ... without actually modifying the IBM-supplied mqsiprofile, or modifying the IBM-supplied dtxwmqi scripts that mqsiprofile calls ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rekarm01 wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

The mqsiprofile sets the VMRF variables, and also calls whatever scripts it finds in ${MQSI_WORKPATH}/commons/profile.

So, exactly when or where would one check the VMRF before deciding which scripts to call that set the right WTX / ITX variables ... without actually modifying the IBM-supplied mqsiprofile, or modifying the IBM-supplied dtxwmqi scripts that mqsiprofile calls ?

Obviously you don't want to change mqsiprofile.
However any of the dtxwmqi scripts in the commons/profile are fair game.
Especially if you have 2 of them, one for version 8 and one for version 10.

You can then check the VMRF at the beginning of the script and exit it right away if the environment variable (set previously by mqsiprofile) has the wrong value...
Have fun
rekarm01
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Reply with quote

Grand Master

fjb_saper wrote:
However any of the dtxwmqi scripts in the commons/profile are fair game.
Especially if you have 2 of them, one for version 8 and one for version 10.

Thanks. Ordinarily, I would be reluctant to change vendor-supplied files like this, as the changes tend to get lost or clobbered by fixpacks. But I don't see a better option.

fjb_saper wrote:
You can then check the VMRF at the beginning of the script and exit it right away if the environment variable (set previously by mqsiprofile) has the wrong value...

The dtxwmqi scripts actually do check the VMRF, but not at the beginning, nor do they exit right away if the environment variables are wrong ...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I don't think the suggestion was to change any of the vendor supplied scripts.

Merely add your own to the common/profiles folder.

This shouldn't get touched by FPs... but would have to be moved for newer full versions.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
I don't think the suggestion was to change any of the vendor supplied scripts.

Merely add your own to the common/profiles folder.

This shouldn't get touched by FPs... but would have to be moved for newer full versions.

The point was that the OP is running multiple versions concurrently and ending up with the wrong version of WTX/ITX. Both scripts need to be in the same location. I don't believe the order in which they get executed is guaranteed.

All scripts in common profiles will get executed. So if you plan on leaving the vendor scripts "as is" you need to move them to a location not autoloaded by mqsiprofile and roll your own calling the relevant script depending on the version of the broker / integration node.

This would guarantee that the version of WTX loaded with mqsiprofile matches the version of the broker / integration node.

If you see a better way feel free to let us know.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Path to the "current" version of IIB should be set before scripts in common/profile gets called.

easy enough to test that, and choose which wtx script to source...

Or the mqsi version or ... or...
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Path to the "current" version of IIB should be set before scripts in common/profile gets called.

easy enough to test that, and choose which wtx script to source...

Or the mqsi version or ... or...

The point here is that with the scripts being in ${MQSI_WORKPATH}/common/profiles, you don't get to choose. You will execute all scripts in that location... every time you source mqsi_profile.

Like I said to roll your own you would need to move them to a different location, so that they don't get autoloaded, and call the right one from the script you created in common/profiles...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Oh. Reading back through the thread, it appears we are agreeing with each other.

I had assumed that the WTX scripts were vendor supplied and still in the WTX install location.

But I also tend to assume that anyone using WTX has migrated off of it...
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Oh. Reading back through the thread, it appears we are agreeing with each other.

I had assumed that the WTX scripts were vendor supplied and still in the WTX install location.

Typically when you install WTX/ITX right the relevant scripts get put into
${MQSI_WORKPATH}/common/profiles, and yes they are vendor supplied.

rekarm01
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

mqjeff wrote:

Maybe someday DFDL can completely replace WTX ...

fjb_saper wrote:

The vendor suggested we move the dtxwmqi scripts to a different directory so that mqsiprofile doesn't call them, and then have the broker profile call the desired scripts directly.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rekarm01 wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

Maybe someday DFDL can completely replace WTX ...

fjb_saper wrote:

The vendor suggested we move the dtxwmqi scripts to a different directory so that mqsiprofile doesn't call them, and then have the broker profile call the desired scripts directly.

You know there is the equivalent of the common/profiles at the broker / integration node level. I believe that one's under component/componentname/profile (still in the workpath...)
That would have the scripts load the environment variables each time the broker starts...
Whereas it would avoid you rolling your own, you would potentially have to duplicate the scritps for each broker at the corresponding level. And don't forget to change that when the broker gets upgraded to a new level....

It is a mqsi level thing, so I stand by my solution to fix it at the mqsi level.
Roll your own and put it into common/profiles. Call the vendor provided scripts from there, after having moved them to a non autoload directory.

Note: you may have to do a sourcing call (call . filename ?)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with WTX in WMB and IIB parallel install Environment
Jump to: