ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation

IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Yoel
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:00 am    Post subject: IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation Reply with quote

Novice

I am about to migrate to IIB v10 and planning to use Integration Service projects for SOAP based services.
My wonder is what to do with my aggregation services.
I want to use the built in aggregation nodes, but that forces me to break the main flow and to touche the generated flow.
any ideas??
thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Yoel wrote:
I am about to migrate to IIB v10 and planning to use Integration Service projects for SOAP based services.
My wonder is what to do with my aggregation services.
I want to use the built in aggregation nodes, but that forces me to break the main flow and to touche the generated flow.
any ideas??
thanks

Explain why you think that...
I would assume that you would keep a queue manager assigned to the broker...
Yoel
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:

By "Interation Service" I refer to the new type of application project that is based on a WSDL.

In the toolkit I get a special designer that is based on the wsdl operations.
when clicking an operation a subflow is opened.

The flow itself is generated for me, and in order to break it into two flows for fanOut and fanIn flows I am touching something I am afraid is not a good idea to touch.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Yoel wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

By "Interation Service" I refer to the new type of application project that is based on a WSDL.

In the toolkit I get a special designer that is based on the wsdl operations.
when clicking an operation a subflow is opened.

The flow itself is generated for me, and in order to break it into two flows for fanOut and fanIn flows I am touching something I am afraid is not a good idea to touch.

The only problem you will have is to pass the reply token from the fanOut to the FanIn flow, if you have those in different flows.
There is nothing to prevent you from having both fanout and fanin in the same flow...
Have fun
Yoel
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
The only problem you will have is to pass the reply token from the fanOut to the FanIn flow, if you have those in different flows.
There is nothing to prevent you from having both fanout and fanin in the same flow...
Have fun

Sounds good.

1. Any Idea why the normal samples of aggregation are always separated into at least two flows (fanOut and fanIn)?
This separation forces me to keep state of the repyIdentifier between the flows, and complicates the correlation in the logging.

2. Do you have an idea about the replyIdentifier when using the same flow?
Would It be handled automatically as a normal SoapReply situation, or the fact I added another inputNode will add an extra thread and SoapReply node will fail to guess the right replyIdentifier?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Typically I would use 2 flows as they can then scale differently. A dummy service will be called in the aggregation. That service receives a message with the reply token on the fan out and returns it to the aggregation on the fan in...

Have fun
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Also, yes, it's fine to change the generated message flows.

You should just rename them/move them/whatever so they don't get overwritten if you regenerate...

As FJ says, you can send addtiional messages to the Aggregation nodes to pass data between the two flows.

You could also store data in the global cache. And there's some stuff about the SOAP Reply being available in things that are part of the same msgflow file - or maybe the same library/application...

I forget. Perhaps mgk will stop by and remind me of how wrong I am.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB v10 Integration Services and Aggregation
Jump to: