ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Handling Response for HttpInput node

Handling Response for HttpInput node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Trinadh Reddy
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Handling Response for HttpInput node Reply with quote

Hi Team this is Trinadh,

Please help me with this issue.

here my flow has HttpInput Node and Transformation using Compute node and HttpReply.

wen in certain case the flow gets failed wen tested with SoapUI , i'm getting 500 status error, is there any way to modify the status to something else.

Wen failed HttpInput generates the response and wen successful HttpReply node generates the response .

I'm looking forward for handling error responses and status from HttpInput node.....

please help me

Thanks in Advance.[/b]
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Can a moderator please move this thread to the Broker forum

Thanks

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Handling Response for HttpInput node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Trinadh Reddy wrote:
wen in certain case the flow gets failed wen tested with SoapUI , i'm getting 500 status error, is there any way to modify the status to something else.

Like a 200 so it looks like it worked?

Trinadh Reddy wrote:
I'm looking forward for handling error responses and status from HttpInput node.....

Perhaps you could expand a little on:

- why you want to change the status code of a failing flow from a code that indicates it failed;
- what you want to change it to;
- why the usual error handling mechanisms within IIB (principal among them the Catch terminal) have failed to meet your needs.
mayheminMQ
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I am not going to say anything on your design as the valid questions have been asked by Vitor and you should think on them first.

If there is a super specific need to change the reply code, look at OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.ReplyStatusCode to set it to a value you require.

Quote:
why you want to change the status code of a failing flow from a code that indicates it failed;

I had a scenario where the client did not want anything apart from 200 coming in, with the entire error message placed in a soap fault message and actual error code placed within Soap fault code. Something with their application that did not like any code apart from 200.
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mayheminMQ wrote:
I had a scenario where the client did not want anything apart from 200 coming in, with the entire error message placed in a soap fault message and actual error code placed within Soap fault code. Something with their application that did not like any code apart from 200.

Hope no one calls that endpoint with a SOAP node from broker. That node will throw an error if it receives a SOAP fault with a status code of 200.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

joebuckeye wrote:
mayheminMQ wrote:

Hope no one calls that endpoint with a SOAP node from broker. That node will throw an error if it receives a SOAP fault with a status code of 200.

But the reason I know that is that an external vendor did that to us. Their "reasoning" (and I shudder at the thought process involved) was that they'd successfully sent a SOAP Fault back and the 200 code indicated that. A 500 code from them was to indicate that they'd failed to send the fault.

We ended up using an HTTPRequest node and parsing the response with code. They refused to change as "they'd been doing this for years with a number of customers and we were the only ones complaining".
Trinadh Reddy
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could expand a little on:

- why you want to change the status code of a failing flow from a code that indicates it failed;
- what you want to change it to;
- why the usual error handling mechanisms within IIB (principal among them the Catch terminal) have failed to meet your needs.

Hi Team,

thanks for the responses. i'm really glad.

The thing is here the client implemented his code to handle errors and he has nothing to do with status 500 and its description.

Have to override 500 error status to 400 status.
Tried attaching the catch and failure terminals to the compute node and hope to catch errors but i didn't find anything related to status in the tree .

hope this helps
Trinadh Reddy
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayheminMQ wrote:
I am not going to say anything on your design as the valid questions have been asked by Vitor and you should think on them first.

If there is a super specific need to change the reply code, look at OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.ReplyStatusCode to set it to a value you require.

Quote:
why you want to change the status code of a failing flow from a code that indicates it failed;

Here i'm not trying to change the reply but looking forward changing the error status which is obtained at the HTTPInput terminal wen exception is raised.

and i tired implementing the code "OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.ReplyStatusCode " but didn't get any result .

Here first we need to catch the 500 status and then we have override it .

Hope this helps.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Handling Response for HttpInput node
Jump to: