ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Browsing message from IBM MQ - output hold/inhibited

Browsing message from IBM MQ - output hold/inhibited « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wilfred wrote:
Vitor wrote:

You don't need an example. This worked (you said) under MQ v7.0.

Yes, this worked in the old stack. Since this is not working with the new stack we need to modify the code with the EXCLUSIVE option.
I asked an example from anyone of you with "EXCLUSIVE" option enabled and not a similar code which I already have.

No you don't. I keep telling you (and others keep telling you) that the behavior of MQ has not changed. There's no need (on the face of it) to change anything - it should still work. None of the queue options, open options, queue manager locking strategies, etc, are different in v7.5.

wilfred wrote:
Vitor wrote:

If you try to use MQOO_INPUT_EXCUSIVE in the Web UI it will fail as long as the MDB has the queue open. If you use MQOO_INPUT_EXCLUSIVE in the MDB it will prevent the Web UI working.

I wish to add this not in MDB, but in UI code where the user will browse the message first time.

And it won't work because the MDB will have the queue open to process the messages, unless you've get disabled the queue in which case the UI won't be able to access the queue any more than the MDB can.

wilfred wrote:
Vitor wrote:

Can you hear yourself? A process generates a message. A user reviews it and, if needed, restarts the process to regenerate a "better" message.

I am sorry, you have not understood this right.

The user is responsible to generate the message by selecting few options.
The message gets generated with valid format.
The user wants to know if the generated message is in the right format and with right values and therefore browse the message from the Queue.
Hope this is clear to you Vitor.

It's completely clear to me. That this is a workflow.

wilfred wrote:
I only want to know if IBM MQ has provided an option to browse a message with EXCLUSIVE option, why not I make use of that in my scenario? I do understand that this can be handled in different ways.

Because (as I and others have said) the EXCLUSIVE option is a queue option not a message option. You can't programmatically set a message such that it can only be read by one application with a given queue handle if the message is eligible to be read by another application with a handle on the same queue. What you're trying is impossible because MQ doesn't work that way and has never worked that way.

So your legacy system must be doing something additional which you've not yet uncovered.

wilfred wrote:
I am only trying to understand how to make use of the option LOCK or EXCLUSIVE to serve my purpose.

Neither of these will serve your purpose. EXCLUSIVE will not for the reasons I give above and a BROWSE LOCK will only work if the user can get to the message before the MDB processes it.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Browsing message from IBM MQ - output hold/inhibited
Jump to: