ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » About DLQ and BOQ?

About DLQ and BOQ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
anon_kb
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: About DLQ and BOQ? Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi guys,

I have this 1 task on which I don't know if its possible

Situation

There's 1 application that sends input xml message to the WMB and that application sends useless and legit message. The problem is all the useless and errors encountered on legit message goes directly to BackOut Queue and overflows the BOQ which is not good according to them.
I'm not really that good into this kind of issue. Hope you can enlighten me.

Question:
1. When will be the time that error messages encountered on runtime goes to DLQ?

2. Is it possible to filter this? Like useless message will be discarded and legit error message goes to backout queue.

3. Is there any other way to solve this?

Thanks for your help.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Error messages go to the backout queue from the MQInput node.

Messages go as far through the flow as you let them. An easy way to stop letting a message go further is to return false.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: About DLQ and BOQ? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

anon_kb wrote:
1. When will be the time that error messages encountered on runtime goes to DLQ?

When the BOQ is full. It's a bad thing indeed; the DLQ should only contain undeliverable messages - I'm with "them" on this one.

anon_kb wrote:
2. Is it possible to filter this? Like useless message will be discarded and legit error message goes to backout queue.

Use the method described by my most worthy associate. Once you've detected a useless message in an ESQL Compute node, return false.

anon_kb wrote:
3. Is there any other way to solve this?

That's the best one. Obviously the BOQ should be sized appropriate to hold all the "legit" error messages for as long as it takes your business process to clear them. Consider another process that unloads the BOQ into a database or other searchable long term storage for processing.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: About DLQ and BOQ? Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Vitor wrote:

Consider another process that unloads the BOQ into a database or other searchable long term storage for processing.

That is eactly what we do. We have a number of data feeds from old systems/sites that come in a semi-variable flat file format. There are often missing spaces in the data that make it unparseable.
We keep them in the BOQ for up to 24 hours then they are read off and put into a DB along with the error log description for resolution should the client come asking why their data was rejected.
The data is held in the DB (with a custom app to display them) for up to a year.

so far in 3 years not one reject has been questioned but is always good to have the evidence to hand to be able to answer the questions.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
anon_kb
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks for your reply guys. I'll try this and I will give you some feedback after

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » About DLQ and BOQ?
Jump to: