ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Updating OutputRoot.XMLNSC using MBElement

Updating OutputRoot.XMLNSC using MBElement « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gappodi
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Updating OutputRoot.XMLNSC using MBElement Reply with quote

Voyager

I have a scenario where I need to create an XMLNSC where a tag may repeat. For e.g. a portion of whole XMLNSC (with repeating elements) will look as following..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<CommandMessage>
<Metadata>
<PODInfo>
<Tracking>
<DocumentCodes>
<DocumentCode>473ab05f-0b01-11e6-a625-35be7142b59a</DocumentCode>

</DocumentCodes>

<CommandMessage>

I am trying to use evaluateXPath(String paramString) from com.ibm.broker.plugin.MBElement API where the paramString is CommandMessage/Metadata/PODInfo/Tracking/DocumentCodes/DocumentCode[2][set-value('528beddc-0c83-11e6-a625-35be7142b59a')]

But this does not evaluate properly and I always end up in getting a single <DocumentCode> in my output XMLNSC. Is there anything wrong the way I am setting up XPath?

Can someone please provide help here ?
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Updating OutputRoot.XMLNSC using MBElement Reply with quote

Partisan

gappodi wrote:

I am trying to use evaluateXPath(String paramString) from com.ibm.broker.plugin.MBElement API where the paramString is CommandMessage/Metadata/PODInfo/Tracking/DocumentCodes/DocumentCode[2][set-value('528beddc-0c83-11e6-a625-35be7142b59a')]

But this does not evaluate properly and I always end up in getting a single <DocumentCode> in my output XMLNSC. Is there anything wrong the way I am setting up XPath?

Can someone please provide help here ?

Your Xpath is explicitly asking for the 2nd DocumentCode element.
timber
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

joebuckeye is correct.

Also, your chosen approach is probably the most difficult of all the options. Other options include:
- a Compute node with
Code:
SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.CommandMessage.Metadata.PODInfo.Tracking.DocumentCodes.DocumentCode[2] = '528beddc-0c83-11e6-a625-35be7142b59a';

- A JavaCompute node using XPath to find the parent node, and createElementAsLastChild(...) to create the DocumentCode elements.
- A JavaCompute node programmed using JAXB classes ( requires you to have an XSD for the output message )
- A Mapping node that sets the value using an Assign transformation ( requires you to have an XSD for the output message )

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Updating OutputRoot.XMLNSC using MBElement
Jump to: