ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Usage of Collector Node

Usage of Collector Node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
phaniIIB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Usage of Collector Node Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi all,

I have a use case where I will have to collect the incoming messages for 1 sec and then propagate the messages. I used Collector node for the same but I face an issue.

I used MQInput --> Collector --> MQOutput

Collector : 1 Input terminal
Collection definition table : Input, quantity : 0, Timeout : 1
Rest of all are default

===== The issue is that I do receive the messages in the output MQ from Input but all of them are empty. I am sure I am missing something. Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance,
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

How have you setup the collector node?
What constitues 'the end of the collection'?
Have you used trace nodes everywhere to see if you are actually setting up the inputs fo the collection properly?

IMHO, the Collector Node is about the most awkward frustrating node in the toolbox. A real PITA. I've been using it since 2010 in a variety of applications. The Only time I've managed to get it working correctly (and for months at a time) was with two fixed inputs.

For unbounbed collections I wrote my own DB based solution. Unbounded means that you don't know how many items make up the collection. In one system the number of messages can range from 1 to 35!

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Usage of Collector Node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

phaniIIB wrote:
===== The issue is that I do receive the messages in the output MQ from Input but all of them are empty

You need to explain a little more I think.

So you're taking messages from an MQInput node and feeding them to a Collector set to a 1 second timeout. At the end of the second, do you get 1 empty message or (as I think you're saying) the same number of blank output messages are there are input messages.

If the latter, functioning as designed. You're feeding messages into the Collector node with no configuration that indicates that all of these messages are supposed to form a single collection. So the Collector node starts 1 new collection per message. All these collections time out after 1 second and go down to the MQOutput node, where there's no OutputRoot for the MQOutput to serialize into a message, because that's not where the Collector puts it.

You need to re-read the description of the Collector node and use it properly, or better still re-work this stupid design.
phaniIIB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Firstly,

This is not a design. This is a POC.

I am propagating non-empty messages which are propagated as empty messages into MQ Output.

So where does the collector puts its message if not to Output Root. Can you please elaborate.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

phaniIIB wrote:
This is not a design. This is a POC.

So you've proved the concept is duff. Congratulations.

phaniIIB wrote:
I am propagating non-empty messages which are propagated as empty messages into MQ Output.

And not collected together I'll warrant. If so, your POC is in fact successful if you're trying to develop a more cumbersome Timer node.....

phaniIIB wrote:
So where does the collector puts its message if not to Output Root. Can you please elaborate.

As described here.
ksrocks9
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Collector node with sample flow.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0805_coleman/0805_coleman.html
maurito
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

phaniIIB wrote:

The collector node is well documented in the Knowledge Centre. Read about it, experiment with the supplied sample, and then you can ask what did you do not understand.
You will need more than MQInput -> collector -> MQOutput.
joebuckeye
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

phaniIIB wrote:

Use the Info Center as others have suggested or you could put in a trace node after the Collector node and see for yourself.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Usage of Collector Node
Jump to: