ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager

cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

YES, both the queues advertised in the cluster
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

If your objective is for you to specify precisely which queue on which qmgr your messages are to go, don't use MQ cluster queues.

MQ clustering software (algorithm) chooses the 'best fit' destination queue. The usual 'best fit' is the local instance of a queue, rather than sending a message across a network.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

IBM offers a 3-day lecture and hands-on 'Architecting MQ clusters' training. WM252 is the course code.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

narayanarvr wrote:
I did not change any other attributes.

Then you'll hit the default that says always put messages to the local instance, or you'll hit the default that says always put messages from the same application to the same instance (which is usually the local one).

narayanarvr wrote:
manual only gives this info and exact steps with syntax for above steps

It has a lot more than that if you actually read all of the material and not just the list of commands to set up an example cluster.

Certainly the example cluster that defines isn't going to do what you're expecting. It also matters (for reasons explained in the material) what you're using to put the messages.
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

narayanarvr wrote:
...created one CLUSSDR (TO.B), created one CLUSRCVR (TO.A), created one cluster queue InventQ, define qlocal(IneventQ) cluster (Inventory)...

So you have in QMA a CLUSSDR TO.B and a CLUSRCVR TO.A, and in QMB a CLUSSDR TO.A and a CLUSRCVR TO.B?

The CLUSSDR/CLUSRCVR channels are running, in both directions?

You have definitely set the CLWLUSEQ attribute of the queue in the queue manager to which you are connecting to ANY, with nothing having that queue open?
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Yes, I did the same, do I need to create 2 local queues in both the queue managers and try sending data will that work, please provide good link to do simple cluster for better understanding, I exactly followed cluster manual and did not miss a step but not working as expected, your help much appreciated.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.dev.doc/q027030_.htm
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Delete your current queue managers and start again as follows:

1. Define queue manager QM1;
2. Make QM1 a Full Repository, define a Listener and start the Listener;
3. Define queue manager QM2;
4. Make QM2 a Full Repository, define a Listener and start the Listener;
5. In QM1, define a CLUSRCVR named TO.QM1 using the IP Address/Host Name and Listener Port for QM1;
6. In QM2, define a CLUSRCVR named TO.QM2 using the IP Address/Host Name and Listener Port for QM2;
7. In QM2, define a CLUSSDR named TO.QM1 using the IP Address/Host Name and Listener Port for QM1;
8. In QM1, define a CLUSSDR named TO.QM1 using the IP Address/Host Name and Listener Port for QM2;
9. Ensure both sets of channels are running;
10. In QM1, define a QLOCAL named TEST, share it in the cluster ensuring its DEFAULT BIND TYPE is NOT FIXED and CLUSTER WORK LOAD USE QUEUE is ANY;
11. Using the amqsput sample application, in QM2, PUT one message to queue TEST;
12. In QM1, check the queue depth of TEST has increased to 1;
13. In QM2, define a QLOCAL named TEST, share it in the cluster ensuring its DEFAULT BIND TYPE is NOT FIXED and CLUSTER WORK LOAD USE QUEUE is ANY;
14. Using the amqsput sample application, in QM2, PUT two messages to queue TEST;
15. In QM2, check the queue depth of TEST has increased to 1;
16. In QM1, check the queue depth of TEST has increased to 2;

If you follow the above exactly you should see the results you expect and you can analyse what is working and how it works. It would also be useful for you to examine the various queue manager, cluster channel, and queue attributes in a command console session.

If you follow the above exactly and do not get the results you expect then you're doing something wrong.
narayanarvr
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Exerk,

Thank you so much for spending time and giving steps, I will repeat these steps and try to set up small cluster, will post you if i face any issues, once again thank you so much

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » cluster queue not appearing in other queue manager
Jump to: