ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Dynamic Datasource in compute node for PASSTHRU

Dynamic Datasource in compute node for PASSTHRU « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Venkat10
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Dynamic Datasource in compute node for PASSTHRU Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

Is there a way I can assign datasource dynamically in Compute node when executing PASSTHRU.

SET Datasource = InputRoot.XMLNSC.StatementExecute.DataSource;

SET Environment.CommandExecute.record[] = PASSTHRU( ExecStmt to Database.{Datasource})

Error :

Text:CHARACTER:[unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default driver specified

Thanks for your help in advance.
mgk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

So this syntax looks about right and is certainly supported and does work. Try making sure the input message really does contain a value or the "Datasource" would be NULL which would not work. Also make sure a datasource of the right name exists in the odbc.ini file...
maurito
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mgk wrote:
So this syntax looks about right and is certainly supported and does work. Try making sure the input message really does contain a value or the "Datasource" would be NULL which would not work. Also make sure a datasource of the right name exists in the odbc.ini file...

yes, but the op will still need to specify a datasource in the compute node ( which I think he has not, and hence the error ), and one that is compatible with the one passed in the input message.
mgk
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Quote:
yes, but the op will still need to specify a datasource in the compute node ( which I think he has not, and hence the error ),

Good point, this is still necessary at present.

Quote:
and one that is compatible with the one passed in the input message.

This has changed in IIB v10 and is no longer a requirement - you can mix and match different DSN for different DBs in the same Compute node now. For example, SELECT from Oracle and INSERT into DB2 works fine. To use this, all secondary DSNs must be specified as dynamic DSNs in the Database.xxx clause on the database statement (SELECT, INSERT, PASSTHRU etc)...

Kind regards.
maurito
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

mgk wrote:
Quote:
yes, but the op will still need to specify a datasource in the compute node ( which I think he has not, and hence the error ),

Good point, this is still necessary at present.

Quote:
and one that is compatible with the one passed in the input message.

This has changed in IIB v10 and is no longer a requirement - you can mix and match different DSN for different DBs in the same Compute node now. For example, SELECT from Oracle and INSERT into DB2 works fine. To use this, all secondary DSNs must be specified as dynamic DSNs in the Database.xxx clause on the database statement (SELECT, INSERT, PASSTHRU etc)...

Kind regards.

yes, but you still owe me the ORDER BY !!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

maurito wrote:
yes, but you still owe me the ORDER BY !!

All the FAVS!

Venkat10
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

It worked when I configured some meaningful Datasource in Compute Node.

Thanks everyone for your help.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Dynamic Datasource in compute node for PASSTHRU
Jump to: