ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Changing additional instances without redeploying

Changing additional instances without redeploying « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
muralihegde
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: Changing additional instances without redeploying Reply with quote

Centurion

We have WMB 8.0.0.5 on AIX. Is it possible to increase or decrease the additional instance of the flow, during run time, without redeploying the bar file? If possible, are there any mqsi broker commands that can be used to achieve the same? Also in order to increasing or decreasing the additional instances of the flow, is it needed for the message flows or execution group or the broker to be restarted for this to take effect? We have few long running message flows, hence we have to decide if the increase/decrease can be done without interrupting the running flows?
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Not on your version. Workload policies were introduced in IIBv9 and do exactly what you describe; increasing or decreasing the additional instances (among other possible functions) without redeploying the flow.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

At V 8 have you tried to use the CMP API to change that value? What happens when you do?
@Vitor I know there you go java again...
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

fjb_saper wrote:

Humph.

Commands.

XML.

Humph.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Vitor wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Humph.

Commands.

XML.

Humph.

JSON

Humph

Cobol

Humph

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
maurito
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Changing additional instances without redeploying Reply with quote

Partisan

muralihegde wrote:
We have WMB 8.0.0.5 on AIX. Is it possible to increase or decrease the additional instance of the flow, during run time, without redeploying the bar file? If possible, are there any mqsi broker commands that can be used to achieve the same? Also in order to increasing or decreasing the additional instances of the flow, is it needed for the message flows or execution group or the broker to be restarted for this to take effect? We have few long running message flows, hence we have to decide if the increase/decrease can be done without interrupting the running flows?

Yes you can.
Use the MQExplorer. right click on the message flow, then properties, that will show you the additional instances
muralihegde
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Thank you maurito. As you suggested, we tried using the Broker/WMQ Explorer. We are able to change the additional instances using that option.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

muralihegde wrote:
Thank you maurito. As you suggested, we tried using the Broker/WMQ Explorer. We are able to change the additional instances using that option.

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here with my scripted commands, my XML workload policies and a copy of "Learn Java in 21 Days".

(It's exactly the right thickness to stop my desk wobbling. Most use it's been since I bought it 3 years ago.)

Automation. It's not that I don't trust our support area with a GUI, it's just that I don't trust our support area with a GUI.
maurito
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Vitor wrote:
muralihegde wrote:

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here with my scripted commands, my XML workload policies and a copy of "Learn Java in 21 Days".

(It's exactly the right thickness to stop my desk wobbling. Most use it's been since I bought it 3 years ago.)

Automation. It's not that I don't trust our support area with a GUI, it's just that I don't trust our support area with a GUI.

I am all for that.
The MQ Explorer will change the add inst. property, and it will persist restarts. But it will not persist redeployments.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Changing additional instances without redeploying
Jump to: