ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with Database Input node

Issue with Database Input node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nmaddisetti
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Issue with Database Input node Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi All,

We have an interface with Database Input node and when ever there is Database down time ( Maintenance window or some other reason DB is down) Database input node is throwing 3 errors for every second into syslog.

I tried with increasing poll time to 60 sec from default 5 secs but still I see 3 errors in syslog every second

I tried with short and long retry : retry is working for the cases where I am able to connect to DB and there is some failure in the flow but not working for our scenario where DB is down and throwing same 3 errors every second.

is it that connecting to DB with data source is prerequisite before retry start working?. I observed in debug that it is waiting for retry ( in retry working case) when control came to EndEvent method. so is it that it wont check wethere retry is configured or not till control reaches EndEvent?

can someone please throw some more light on how retry behaves and can it be used in case of DB downtime and am I missing anything to use it properly.

I replicated on my windows XP box and with WMB 7.0.0.3.

here are the 3 errors on DB down:
Quote:

( MB7BROKER.DatabaseInput ) Exception condition detected on input node 'MF_DB_Adapter.DB_Adapter'.

The input node 'MF_DB_Adapter.DB_Adapter' detected an error whilst processing a message. The message flow has been rolled-back and, if the message was being processed in a unit of work, it will remain on the input queue to be processed again. Following messages will indicate the cause of this exception.

(MB7BROKER.DatabaseInput ) Database error: ODBC return code '-1' from data source ''OE5DB'' using ODBC driver manager ''odbc32.dll''.

The broker received an error when processing a database operation. The ODBC return code was '-1'. See the following messages for information obtained from the database about this error.

( MB7BROKER.DatabaseInput ) Database error: SQL State ''08001''; Native Error Code '-1032'; Error Text ''[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019 ''.

The error has the following diagnostic information: SQL State ''08001'' SQL Native Error Code '-1032' SQL Error Text ''[IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1032N No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019 ''

smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Perhaps just stopping the flow while the database is down is all you need to do.

Then raise a PMR with IBM and get a proper answer to the issue you are seeing.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
CrashJohn
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Sorry for posting on an old thread. I was trying to see how the DatabaseInput node works on V8 and was observing similar behavior where the node writes 3 entries into the event log every second if the database connection is not available.

Before I could open a PMR with IBM, I wanted to check if the original poster or anyone else found any information from IBM as to how we can control this behavior, where we can perhaps have the node log an error entry just once for every polling interval?
TBK
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you raise this PMR? Did you get an answer for this? I am observing similar behaviour on MB8.
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I opened a PMR. They said working as designed - the frequency and duration of these retry attempts to the database are not configurable.

They suggested using the trapit script to watch for these errors and then disable the flow.
https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21590151

Eh, better than nothing I guess.

Time for a Request For Enhancement...I would like to be able to have Short and Long Retry Interval parameters we can control to dictate how often this thing attempts to reconnect to the database.
NealM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Peter, did you file an RFE? Did it go anyplace?
We are getting ready to use a database input node and at present for various reasons our database max connections age is set to -1; I am wondering if a dead db connection will cause this rapid repeating fails behavior.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue with Database Input node
Jump to: