ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQinput node having multiple queue names

MQinput node having multiple queue names « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqlover
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: MQinput node having multiple queue names Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,

Extending on the below thread,
http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=53668&sid=9822ee0124f30fa1891639b85b3b54fa

We have a requirement, that a message arrives on 3 different queues and we have to build a single flow starting with the MQInput node.
How can we set the Queue name property such that the message could be picked from multiple queues.
Is there any way we can work on this?
smdavies99
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

You can't configure the MQInput node to pick up messages based upon a changing queue name.

You have two (Simple) options

Just create Alias Queues for the three message types that point to the single queue that that the MQInput Node configured to read from.

OR

Use an MQInput Node configured for each queue and simply wire the 'out' terminals together.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
mqlover
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: MQinput node having multiple queue names Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,

Thanks so much.
I thought so, still wanted to confirm before proposing this approach.
Thanks a ton.
ar.mm
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Alias Queue is perfect approach, but I'm wondering if there is a way where the message flow can know from which Alias Queue the message came? If I set the local queue in MQInput node, then it will treat all messgaes as if they ware coming from single queue, I need the flow to distinguish the source application which sending to a specific alies queue that resolves to the queue used in MQInput node.

Thanks.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

ar.mm wrote:
Hi,

Alias Queue is perfect approach, but I'm wondering if there is a way where the message flow can know from which Alias Queue the message came? If I set the local queue in MQInput node, then it will treat all messgaes as if they ware coming from single queue, I need the flow to distinguish the source application which sending to a specific alies queue that resolves to the queue used in MQInput node.

Thanks.

There really isn't an OOTB way of detecting this.
However you could put the alias queue name (lenght permitting) into an unused field in the MQMD such as ApplIdentityData (32chars long) but this will require changes to both applications. But honestly is it worth the trouble?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You can use the alias queue definitions to set different message priority values and detect this value in the message MQMD in the broker flow.

However it would of course cause these messages to be retrieved by priority unless you override the delivery sequence in the local queue definition to FIFO.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ar.mm wrote:
Hi,

See the debate here which discusses your question.

I also repeat my associate's point that you should open a new thread and reference old ones rather than just reopen 3 & 4 years old threads.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ar.mm wrote:
Hi,

Thanks.

Smells like a request / reply scenario...
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Yes, the REPLY-TO-QUEUE name field could also be used for identification of the origin message, even if it there was no reply message.

But that requires an application change.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » MQinput node having multiple queue names
Jump to: