ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » backup and restore procedure in MQ v8? doubt in clusters

backup and restore procedure in MQ v8? doubt in clusters « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dsreddy447
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject: backup and restore procedure in MQ v8? doubt in clusters Reply with quote

Novice

Hi,

I have created simple cross cluster concept example: full1, part1 both in cluster1 and full2, part2 both in cluster2 and the gateway qmgr is GATEQM.

Now, I took the backup of part1 qmgr and then I deleted this qmgr and then again I created the same qmgr then I restored the backup.

Backup is restored successfully but which I check the full repository i.e, full1 in this when I entered
clusqmgr(*) qmid cluster
then I can see there are two qmid's for part1 qmgr. Please let me know how to avoid this multiple qmid's for this.

what is the issue?? let me know what to do to avoid this multile qmid's for the same queue manager.

Thanks,
Srinivas
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

When you create a new qmgr, a unique QMID is created. The QMID will contain the qmgr name, a dot, and date-time-stamp information. The FR will keep information based on the QMID. Deleting the qmgr does NOT delete this information from the FR.

When you created another qmgr by the same name, it will have a different QMID. The FR in the same cluster will now have two qmgrs with the same qmgr-name, but different QMIDs. This is working as designed.

Look here or the KC for qmgr cluster commands to delete information from the cluster FRs.
dsreddy447
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:27 am    Post subject: How can we delete old repository info Reply with quote

Novice

please let me know how can we delete the old repository information from the full repository without any issues.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: How can we delete old repository info Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dsreddy447 wrote:
please let me know how can we delete the old repository information from the full repository without any issues.

You can't.

Especially if you've only changed a single queue manager in the cluster; you'll cause mayhem with the PRs that didn't change.

One of the facts of your backup strategy is that you'll need to remove the unwanted QMID specifically post-restore as my worthy associate described above.

It's possible to flush the repository information, but you'd need to do it from both full repositories simultaneously and then force a rebuild. One issue is if there's any kind of gap the other FR will start trying to resynchronize the information. Another issue is that if the cluster is of any size the FRs will be unresponsive for a significant period of time while they flood the network with "who are you and how many cluster assets do you have?" enquires. Yet another issue is all the PRs flooding the network with answers to those enquiries.

So no, there's no way without issues.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Of course, you can always cleanly remove the qmgr from the cluster *before* you delete it...

Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
Of course, you can always cleanly remove the qmgr from the cluster *before* you delete it...

Not if you're doing a restore because the queue manager went down in flames......
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

A PR qmgr can be removed from a MQ cluster after it is physically gone.

RESET CLUSTER(ClusterName) ACTION(FORCEREMOVE) QMNAME(QmgrName) QUEUES(YES)
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

gbaddeley wrote:
A PR qmgr can be removed from a MQ cluster after it is physically gone.

RESET CLUSTER(ClusterName) ACTION(FORCEREMOVE) QMNAME(QmgrName) QUEUES(YES)

In this situation, using the QMID instead of the QMNAME is what's needed in he RESET command, so that you can eject the specific instance of the QM from the cluster that is no longer viable.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_7.5.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.con.doc/q082370_.htm

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » backup and restore procedure in MQ v8? doubt in clusters
Jump to: