ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Rethrow the original exception

Rethrow the original exception « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
prasannanb
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Rethrow the original exception Reply with quote

Apprentice

I have below nodes in the flow
MQInput->compute(1)->MQoutput

I have to handle the parsing exception happening in compute node(1).
So, have connected the failure terminal of the compute node(1) to another compute node(2).
But, other than parsing exception, any other failure happening, I have to re-throw the original exception back to the MQinput node so that the error handler connected tothe MQInput node can handle that.

How can I achieve this in compute node(2)
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: Re: Rethrow the original exception Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

prasannanb wrote:

Check to see if the exception being processed is a parser exception, process if it is, rethrow it if it isn't.

Simple.
prasannanb
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.
But my question is how to re throw the orginal exception from the compute node which I have connected to the failure terminal of other compute node?
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

prasannanb wrote:
But my question is how to re throw the orginal exception from the compute node which I have connected to the failure terminal of other compute node?

Really?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

prasannanb wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

How do you throw exceptions in other languages?

What command in ESQL could possibly serve the same purpose?

What do you do with a ball, once you've caught it?
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rethrow the original exception Reply with quote

Grand Master

prasannanb wrote:
other than parsing exception, any other failure happening, I have to re-throw the original exception back to the MQinput node so that the error handler connected to the MQInput node can handle that.

compute node(2) cannot re-throw the original exception. The best that it can do is to use the ExceptionList contents to create and throw a new (and therefore different) exception.

The only means to selectively catch or rethrow an exception in ESQL is with the RESIGNAL statement, and only within the context of a DECLARE HANDLER statement. That would have to be in compute node(1). Within a DECLARE HANDLER statement, there is no information about the exception in the ExceptionList; the only information available is what the SQLCODE, SQLSTATE, SQLNATIVEERROR, and SQLERRORTEXT functions might provide. So, it may be difficult to distinguish parsing exceptions from other exceptions.

Another option may be to split up the code in compute node(1) into two separate compute nodes, so that the code likely to generate parsing exceptions is in one compute node, and the code likely to generate other exceptions is in a different compute node.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Rethrow the original exception
Jump to: