ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Subflows in mqsicreatebar

Subflows in mqsicreatebar « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sam926
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Subflows in mqsicreatebar Reply with quote

Novice

Using WMB Toolkit & runtime 8.0.0.4, ANT for automation.

We have one main msgflow, 2 msgsets and 1 subflow. With mqsicreatebar, bar file is getting created with all the above files, but not able to see the contents under subflow. We have to override SOAPRequest node URL property which is in the subflow. Bar file is looking good while built in toolkit. Mentioned .msgflow, 2 .msgsets, .subflow in -o in mqsicreatebar.

Command we used -

Code:
mqsicreatebar -data /home/usr -b /home/usr/GeneralClass.bar -p GeneralClass GeneralClass_MsgSet GeneralClass_MsgSet1 -compileOnly -o GeneralClass/GeneralClass.msgflow GeneralClass_MsgSet/GeneralClass_MsgSet/messageSet.mset GeneralClass_MsgSet1/GeneralClass_MsgSet1/messageSet.mset GeneralClass/gen/GeneralClassSub.subflow

Tried opening the bar file which was created using mqsicreatebar, in the bar file it shows a warning icon on top - To configure properties in subflows, on the Prepare tab click Build and Save to rebuild the broker archive.
How can I do this using mqsicreatebar. Any ideas ?
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Subflows in mqsicreatebar Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sam926 wrote:
Any ideas ?

Does the project build correctly in the Toolkit? If so, how does the workspace Ant is using differ?

The mqsicreatebar command is nothing more than a headless version of the Toolkit running the build, so whatever works in the Toolkit will work in batch, and whatever workspace you'd use in the Toolkit is the one you use for mqsicreatebar.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you are trying to override properties on a message flow, and you don't know how to refer to the properties you want to override, you should use mqsireadbar.
sam926
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
Does the project build correctly in the Toolkit? If so, how does the workspace Ant is using differ?

We work on Windows toolkit, whereas runtime is on Linux. ANT scripts are running on Linux server. ANT steps - code checkout, build and override bar, deploy bar. After running the scripts, when I did mqsiread I couldn't find subflow overrided properties, so to verify I copied the bar in toolkit which is on Windows.

When I ran mqsicreatebar on Windows which is pointing to Toolkit workspace is showing subflow contents properly in the bar file. mqsicreatebar in the ANT script running on server doesn't show components under subflows in the bar file. ANT is checking out code properly and doing the build, why this is not working on Linux??

Quote:
If you are trying to override properties on a message flow, and you don't know how to refer to the properties you want to override, you should use mqsireadbar.

Message flow overrides work fine, I'm trying to override property on subflow, I can't even see the Request node under subflow in the bar file to do the override.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sam926 wrote:
ANT is checking out code properly

No it isn't.

Or more specifically, when the check out is complete the project workspace is not the same as the Windows version. It's either missing some components or the layout / directory structure is different / wrong.
sam926
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
No it isn't.

To confirm whether it is a ANT/mqsicreatebar issue, I have checked out the code using SVN checkout command and ran the mqsicreatebar command on the broker server. When I checked the bar, it still doesn't show the subflow contents, same as the issue we were facing while running mqsicreatebar in ANT scripts.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sam926 wrote:
Quote:
No it isn't.

To confirm whether it is a ANT/mqsicreatebar issue, I have checked out the code using SVN checkout command and ran the mqsicreatebar command on the broker server. When I checked the bar, it still doesn't show the subflow contents, same as the issue we were facing while running mqsicreatebar in ANT scripts.

I should have been more explicit.

If the code in Toolkit builds "correctly" and the same code when checked out by ANT (or manually) fails to build then the code (and specifically the project & metadata) are not being correctly checked out to recreate the workspace needed to build the bar file to your requirements.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
If the code in Toolkit builds "correctly" and the same code when checked out by ANT (or manually) fails to build then the code (and specifically the project & metadata) are not being correctly checked out to recreate the workspace needed to build the bar file to your requirements.

or the mqsicreatebar is not using the correct arguments.

or the mqsicreatebar is failing to compile some resource and the error is not being noticed or examined.
sam926
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Quote:
or the mqsicreatebar is not using the correct arguments.

or the mqsicreatebar is failing to compile some resource and the error is not being noticed or examined.

mqsicreatebar is using all the correct arguments.

Okay, usual process, raised PMR, received patch with explanation - product issue.

Issue is - If the bar file is created on linux OS and the contained flow or subflow is in the internal folder inside the project then the nodes inside the flow are not visible in the BAR editor on Windows OS.

@Vitor, @mqjeff - Thanks for the help. For MB users who face the same issue, new APAR has been registered for this.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Subflows in mqsicreatebar
Jump to: