ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Get input terminal in the Compute node

Get input terminal in the Compute node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
svager
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Get input terminal in the Compute node Reply with quote

Hello,

In my flow I have a Publication node. It has two out terminals OUT and NoMatch. I want to process results of the publication in the Compute Node. It doesn't matter what the result was.

In order for me to do that I need to figure out which terminal Publication node used to send a message to the Compute node.

Is this possible at all? How would I accomplish this without using two different Compute nodes?

Thank you
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

If you want to use a single Compute Node then you will have to do a bit of investigation yourself. (IMHO)

Wire in a Trace Node on each Terminal and set it to display ${Root} plus some text to uniquely idenfify the output.
Then send two different data into the publication node that will satisfy both conditions. Then you will be able to see what the output are and how they differ. You can program the Comput node to handle both conditions.

That's how I'd probably do it but there may be other ways. If there are easier ways then I'm sire that someone will be along soon to tell us.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Get input terminal in the Compute node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

svager wrote:
In order for me to do that I need to figure out which terminal Publication node used to send a message to the Compute node.

Why? If you don't care about the outcome in that it doesn't affect the downstream processing, why not simply wire both terminals to the same downstream Compute node?
svager
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Get input terminal in the Compute node Reply with quote

Vitor wrote:
svager wrote:

Why? If you don't care about the outcome in that it doesn't affect the downstream processing, why not simply wire both terminals to the same downstream Compute node?

May be I wasn't clear but I didn't say that I don't care for the outcome. I definetly do care. What I am trying to do is to process either outcome in the same compute node.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Get input terminal in the Compute node Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

svager wrote:
May be I wasn't clear but I didn't say that I don't care for the outcome. I definetly do care. What I am trying to do is to process either outcome in the same compute node.

Ah.

There's no way to determine from ESQL which terminal on the upstream node a message came from. You could reduce the duplication of code by having the processing in a single Compute node, and have 2 Compute nodes (one connected to Out, one connected to NoMatch) that set a LocalEnvironment variable / usr property in an RFH2 / other flag of your choice to indicate which route the message has taken. Both will have their Out terminals connected to the "processing" Compute node, which can use the same code for both outcomes, and interogate the flag when the process flow differs between Out & NoMatch.

That's the best I can think of; someone else might well have a better idea.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The message that's propagated from the out terminal should be noticeably different from the message that's propagated from the no match terminal.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
The message that's propagated from the out terminal should be noticeably different from the message that's propagated from the no match terminal.

Really?

I feel some experimentation coming on......
smdavies99
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

and see my post earlier in the thread

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Get input terminal in the Compute node
Jump to: