ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » soapReply & ReplyIdentifier

soapReply & ReplyIdentifier « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sunny_30
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: soapReply & ReplyIdentifier Reply with quote

Master

Have a question reg whether its the ReplyIdentifier thats internally used by Broker to correlate which webclient socket the soap response gets sent to.

If the value in the 'LocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.RequestIdentifier' is lost before the soapReply is processed, is there a risk that the response might get sent to a different requestor (tcp/ip socket) ?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: soapReply & ReplyIdentifier Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sunny_30 wrote:
Have a question reg whether its the ReplyIdentifier thats internally used by Broker to correlate which webclient socket the soap response gets sent to.

If the value in the 'LocalEnvironment.Destination.HTTP.RequestIdentifier' is lost before the soapReply is processed, is there a risk that the response might get sent to a different requestor (tcp/ip socket) ?

Chances are that without it you will not be able to send a reply at all.
Simbu
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: soapReply & ReplyIdentifier Reply with quote

Master

sunny_30 wrote:

I think if a message flow contain both SOAPInput and SOAPReply then it will work even without retaining RequestIdentifier.
ganesh
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

If you loose the reply identifier then you cannot send a soap reply back, for example you have a flow where there is a change in the transport protocol before sending a soap reply in that case you would loose the reply identifier. In such scenarios store the reply identifier in a environment variable and use it for the soap response later.
mgk
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

As long as the reply is made from the same flow instance as the request arrived on then it does not matter if the ID is "lost". The ID only need to be set when switching the reply to another flow, in which case if the ID is not set then an exception will be thrown to say "no ID", but it will not send the reply to the wrong socket (client).

Kind regards,
sunny_30
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Great! Thanks all. I had noticed where if in the same flow it has soapInput+Reply, it doesnt throw an error if the ID isnt set (but I do have it set all the times). Wondered how it impacts correlation. Looks like its already internally taken care of !
ganesh
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

ganesh wrote:
If you loose the reply identifier then you cannot send a soap reply back, for example you have a flow where there is a change in the transport protocol before sending a soap reply in that case you would loose the reply identifier. In such scenarios store the reply identifier in a environment variable and use it for the soap response later.

I stand corrected from my earlier comment.
If you have a soap reply in the same flow then the reply is sent to the correct client regardless of whether you loose the id or not as mentioned by others.
I tried deleting the local environment tree but still the reply was sent to the correct client.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » soapReply & ReplyIdentifier
Jump to: