ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » PUT on a specific MQ Cluster

PUT on a specific MQ Cluster « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
spakendralo
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: PUT on a specific MQ Cluster Reply with quote

I'm implementing a bridge between two MQ Clusters with an IIB.

I have 3 QMs: QM1, QM2, and QM3. QM1 and QM2 form together an MQ Cluster named CLS12, while the QM2 and QM3 form CLS23. In other words, QM2 is in two clusters.
There is a queue TARGET in QM1 and QM3, both are shared in their clusters (CLS12 and CLS23).

I'd like to put a message (actually, it will be IIB to put a message) on QM2, but the target queues will be on QM1 and QM3 (queue TARGET). However, I would like to be able to choose to which cluster (not QM) the message should be put to.

Is that possible?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: PUT on a specific MQ Cluster Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

spakendralo wrote:
I'm implementing a bridge between two MQ Clusters with an IIB.

I have 3 QMs: QM1, QM2, and QM3. QM1 and QM2 form together an MQ Cluster named CLS12, while the QM2 and QM3 form CLS23. In other words, QM2 is in two clusters.
There is a queue TARGET in QM1 and QM3, both are shared in their clusters (CLS12 and CLS23).

I'd like to put a message (actually, it will be IIB to put a message) on QM2, but the target queues will be on QM1 and QM3 (queue TARGET). However, I would like to be able to choose to which cluster (not QM) the message should be put to.

Is that possible?

Should pose absolutely no problem. But you will have to choose the adequate cluster alias before putting the message.
A cluster alias is nothing more than a queue manager alias with particular properties for the cluster. Don't forget to share the cluster alias in the cluster. And you need to create it on a queue manager that will allow you to differentiate the routing...

Have fun
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: PUT on a specific MQ Cluster Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

spakendralo wrote:
Is that possible?

Yes.

Start here. Keep in mind that when you put a message, it's destination is determined by how WMQ resolves the names of the queue manager and queue objects. So it's not where you put the message that matters, it's where MQ decides it should go.

Note also you may need a few different objects defined to achieve your objective.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » PUT on a specific MQ Cluster
Jump to: