ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Implement Retry in case of mq call to remote backend fails

Implement Retry in case of mq call to remote backend fails « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
phanish
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:26 am    Post subject: Implement Retry in case of mq call to remote backend fails Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

I created an MPG to receive non-xml requests and I am making an MQ call to backend system directly,I created a QMG for this purpose with the remote host and channel details.

In the request rule;I am not doing any transformation and it's just a passthru to backend,but in the intermediate transform action I am setting the headers(encoding and ccsid specificallly to send the data in different format) and routing-url and there is absolutely no change in the data content.
I created an error rule to handle error scenarios.In testing an error scenario I provided a wrong remote queue in the MQ url but it's not throwing an error explicity and it's not invoking error rule as I anticipated,but I can see the logs in the probe in red that the MQ call to the backend failed.

Code:
7:57:16 AM mq error 10245715      0x80e00648 mpgw (CBP-MPG): Could not open, destination queue or topic object is unknown (Reason Code 2085), MQ Reason Code = 2085, MQ URL = dpmq://Common_TSYSQM/?RequestQueue=PTNYV.RQ.C2860.NGAPP1xx;PMO=8192
7:57:16 AM mq error 10245715      0x0133001f mpgw (CBP-MPG): Could not open, destination queue or topic object is unknown (Reason Code 2085)

could you please let me know how to capture the details in subsequent actions(as I dont see in any of the service variables) and reject so that it'll invoke an error rule.
I appreciate your help..thank you
hrknag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: I created an MPG to receive non-xml requests and I am making Reply with quote

Hi,

I have implemented the same scenario with invalid MQ url on var://service/routing-url on my Intermediate Result Action and it is automatically invoking the Error Rule. I think it should work.
Check again if there there is any mismatch in the configuration.

Regards....
dilse
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

phanish,
How did you resolve the issue? I am having the same issue where the error rule is not being invoked for an invalid MQ backend url.
Any help is appreciated!!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Implement Retry in case of mq call to remote backend fails
Jump to: