ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Unable to publish message to JMS Topic using JMS Output node

Unable to publish message to JMS Topic using JMS Output node « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aniket.g24
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject: Unable to publish message to JMS Topic using JMS Output node Reply with quote

I am using JMS output node to publish a message to topic hosted on IBM Application server.

Below are the settings on JMS output node

JMS connection
JMS Provider name :- Client for WebSphere Application Server
Intial Context factory :- com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
location JNDI binding :- "app server url with server name and port"
Connection factory name :- WMBClientTopicConnectionFactory

Basic :- send to destination list in local environment box checked.

I am sending JMS topic name using localenvironment as below

SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.JMSDestinationList.DestinationData = topic/JMStopic

I have localenvironment and message property selected on compute node.

I can see that message gets published when i hard code the topic name on JMS output node. but not when i set it up through ouput local environment.

When I capture the message after JMS output node here is what I see

When Set on local environment (I tried both /topic/JMSTopic and only JMSTopic)

WrittenDestination
JMS
DestinationData
destinationName:CHARACTER:topic://topic/JMSTopic
initialContext:CHARACTER:com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
JMSMessageID:CHARACTER:ID:a4186655717b1476b6120844110a134f0000000000000002
JMSCorrelationID:UNKNOWN:null

When set on the node :- ----------------------------

WrittenDestination
JMS
DestinationData
destinationName:CHARACTER:topic://JMSTopic?topicSpace=CDSMessageBusTopicDest&busName=CDS_BUS
initialContext:CHARACTER:com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory
JMSMessageID:CHARACTER:ID:2b376c4d7d57ab4aa83bf0c3110a134f0000000000000001
JMSCorrelationID:UNKNOWN:null

Am I missing any trick here ?
I am able to publish the message to JMS queue. Having issues with Topic only. That makes me think that I am doing some mistake in giving the name for Topic.

For queue I use
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.JMSDestinationList.DestinationData[1] = 'queue://qmgr name/queue name';

For Topic
SET OutputLocalEnvironment.Destination.JMSDestinationList.DestinationData[1] = 'topic://collectBE';
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aniket.g24
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After no luck . I opened a PMR with IBM and here is what they have to say
This is a perplexing issue as I could find no reference for it anywhere, even our own code base. There were a couple of hints around the web.
1) From our knowledge center on the JMS local environment: A character string that represents the name of the JMS destination in an external format that is recognized by the JMS provider.
Thus it looks like it may be JMS provider specific and why we don’t have it documented.
2) Looking up WAS documentation that goes with your binding, I found a couple articles that have some hints. It suggests that for topics, the name is "jms/<topic>". I'm guessing you already have defined the
topicSpace in WAS as when you set it on the node, it found a topicSpace.
Can you try setting the destinationName to "jms/JMSTopic" and see if this works?

If not, can you try setting the destinationName to "topic://JMSTopic?topicSpace=CDSMessageBusTopicDest&busName=CDS_BUS"?

It works with last suggestion . Here is what their response was again

Yes, it is due to the WAS side. Each JMS provider is different and thus the different topic name formats. WAS is fairly unique in that it takes a topicSpace parameter. I think the busName is more common though. It wasn't clear in our doc how specific you needed to get when defining the topic yourself. When you supply the property on the node, it auto formats your topic and adds the topicSpace and busName from the
JMS session it has. It looks like we do not do this for the dynamic topics though. This may be because the JMS provider could change as well. We will look into documenting this in the future. Here is the document I referenced:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0608_flurry/0608_flurry.html
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Unable to publish message to JMS Topic using JMS Output node
Jump to: