ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Delete *and free memory* from a SHARED ROW

Delete *and free memory* from a SHARED ROW « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
maurito
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi Craig,
it seems to me the use of 2 shared rows is unnecessary, the temporary one could be in the Environment or LocalEnvironment ( or even better, a local ROW variable) which would be released automatically at end of message processing, while the shared would remain in memory ( as the redundant one does not seem to be deleted after the "curly braces magic" ).
so I would change the code to:
delete the line
Code:

DECLARE mySharedRow SHARED ROW;

inside procedure reloadCache
Code:
DECLARE mySharedRow  ROW NULL;

and then delete the line
Code:

DELETE FIELD mySharedRow.Calls;

and see what difference that makes
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

@maurito: Good point: I will remove one shared row (it will at least make the problem less worse by a factor of 2)

@Craig: I can/may give you more info by tomorrow. Roughly I get some rows, then I group by one of the column-names ("users"). This group-by-users allows the requests of the users (that come in "in-between the 10-seconds") to be instantly served (no computation just a "MOVE to mySharedRow2.Calls.{user}"... so just return the tree (basically without using any CPU).

Btw: Controlling the underlying hash map (that Broker uses internally (for the logical type tree)) and the creation (naming) of tree-nodes (when parsing out) (e.g. XML-Element&-Attribute(-Names)) could be decoupled (in a downwards compatible manner) by adding the following option (to the ESQL-Language ):

Currently possible:
Code:
myTreeStructure.myParents.{criteriaToControlTheHashMap_AND_TreeFieldName}(.myField) = myValue;

Decoupling control of the hash map and (tree)element naming:
Code:
myTreeStructure.myParents.{criteriaToControlTheHashMap:NameToUseForATreeElementWhenWritingOut}(.myField) = myValue;

I will try to explicitly create parsers (with "CREATE ... DOMAIN 'XMLNSC') tomorrow and delete that with "DELETE FIELD ..." and look if the memory is recycled that way.
mqsiuser
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

I am currently trying this:

Code:
CREATE LASTCHILD OF refMySharedRow AS refMySharedRow DOMAIN('XMLNS') NAME 'Calls';

And I get this exception:

Code:
Attempt to use XML parser in a shared tree

ups, trying now:

Code:
CREATE LASTCHILD OF refMySharedRow AS refMySharedRow DOMAIN('XMLNSC') NAME 'Calls';

EDIT (2014-11-26): The flow's statistics are now:

Summary: ApproxMemKB = 11577.34 (my interpretation of that is "less than 12MB")

MQROOT: Fields = 25363 (so ~25 tsd) (and not > 5 million anymore)

Thank you all, yay

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Delete *and free memory* from a SHARED ROW
Jump to: