ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Message Mapping LocalEnv Copy and Field Override Issue

Message Mapping LocalEnv Copy and Field Override Issue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
aslam_kumhar
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Message Mapping LocalEnv Copy and Field Override Issue Reply with quote

Novice

Hello Everyone,
I am new to WMB (9.0) and having an issue with message mapping the thing is that I want to copy InputLocalEnvironment to OutputLocalEnvironment using message map and override one field OutputLocalEnvironment/Destination/MQ/DestinationData[1]/newCorrelId but I am not getting data in the next node. I have also check user trace in debug mode but unable to understand it. I also tried using MQMD/CorrelId but the same issue except MQMD header is initialized in message map since no copying and i get the default values in next nodes.
Only if I initialized OutputLocalEnvironment (not copy with input) and only move some field into OutputLocalEnvironment/Destination/MQ/DestinationData[1]/newCorrelId only then I am getting that field data in next node. Any suggestions will be appreciated.[/url]
martinb
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi

Can you be a bit more specific, what data is not getting into the Mapping node output?, the existing input content of LocalEnvironment or the Overriden newCorrelId?

If the later, where is the value coming from?

How exactly are you copying the existing content of LocalEnvironment? is your Move with Overrides at the root of LocalEnvironment?

Which v9 fixpack level are you using?
aslam_kumhar
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Well I am copying existing LocalEnvironment into OutputLocalEnvironment and changing the value of
OutputLocalEnvironment/Destination/MQ/DestinationData[1]/newCorrelId
with a String field in my input message using Move with override operation and i am not getting value of newCorrelId in output of mapping node.

I also tried initializing a new MQMD header and setting the value in MQMD/CorrelId using the mapping node but the same thing not getting the newly set value in output node.

Only if a initialized a new OutputLocalEnvironment then move a string field in input message to OutputLocalEnvironment/Destination/MQ/DestinationData[1]/newCorrelId
only then i am getting newly set data in the output node.

I haven't updated fixpacks, current IIB version is 9.0.0.1.

I hope this clariefies everything.
I could have attached a screenshot or included user trace log in debug mode but it seems like attachments are disable in this forum.
martinb
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

I was able to recreate this kind of issue if the input side folder in which you need to Move / Assign data into with a Move with Override transform does not exist.

So for your case I would expect that on the input to the mapping node

Code:
LocalEnvironment/Destination/MQ/DestinationData

does not exist in the tree.

In this case the Map is not correctly creating that folder and adding your new child element when you use Move with Overrides.

The same is seen in 9.0.0.2.

So yes, need to use your workaround of initializing the required additional folder in output and moving in value and copying over existing data, rather than simply using an Override until this is fixed.

Good to get this reported to IBM support via a PMR.
aslam_kumhar
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Yes that's the case, my input side values does not exists. Thanks for confirming that.
martinb
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,

Just to follow up on this issue, please note the following APAR has been produced to address this issue

IT04617: GRAPHICAL DATA MAPPING INCORRECT DATA WHEN USING OVERRIDES

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Message Mapping LocalEnv Copy and Field Override Issue
Jump to: