ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportDFDL and XML Parsing

DFDL and XML Parsing View previous topic :: View next topic
ChingChak
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 am Post subject: DFDL and XML Parsing Reply with quote

In WMB v7, we used to hold an MRM that could have some physical formats. CSV, CWF, XML, etc.

1. Now, I'm trying to understand - is the DFDL domain can hold only physical format?
If for example I have CPY file (COBOL) which was generated to DFDL,
and I want to map it to a same XSD, shall I have to hold another XSD
Schema?

(For example: I created message in DFDL in Compue node -> RCD (a dfdl definition)-> RCD (xmlnsc domain), and it fails in the last RCD for "XML Parsing Error" (with nothing in the ExceptionList...))
What's wrong?

2. In WMB v7 we could create mxsd out of COBOL file, and then
generate XML from this MXSD. is there a way to do the same in WMB v8?
can't find how...

Thanks,
Ching.
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

The DFDL domain is not for XML data ( or JSON, or MIME, or any other format for which a specific domain is already provided ).
Quote:
Schema?
No - a DFDL xsd is just an ordinary xsd. It just happens to contain some annotations that a DFDL processor can use. So you can use the same XSD.
Quote:
can't find how...
Yes - SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC = InputRoot.DFDL;

btw, you should not have been using the MRM XML physical format in v7. XMLNSC has been the recommended XML parser since v6.1.
ChingChak
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

kimbert wrote:
The DFDL domain is not for XML data ( or JSON, or MIME, or any other format for which a specific domain is already provided ).
Quote:
Schema?
No - a DFDL xsd is just an ordinary xsd. It just happens to contain some annotations that a DFDL processor can use. So you can use the same XSD.
Quote:
can't find how...
Yes - SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC = InputRoot.DFDL;

btw, you should not have been using the MRM XML physical format in v7. XMLNSC has been the recommended XML parser since v6.1.

Thanks,
It seems that my 2nd question wasn't clear:
I want to create XSD from copybook.
in WMB v7 we created mxsd from the copybook,
and then generated XSD from the mxsd.

how can it be done in WMB v8?
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Let me repeat - a DFDL XSD is just an ordinary XSD. You can use it to validate an XML document. You can import it into other applications. There is no need for an 'export' feature with DFDL.

MRM message sets did need an 'export' feature because the .mxsd files contained incompatible extensions to the XML Schema language ( 'unorderedSet' for instance ). Before someone asks, DFDL does allow unordered data, but it insists that the message tree is built in-order so it is not an *incompatible* extension.
MrSmith
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Kimbert unless I have also misunderstood what ChingChak was trying to say, I think, was that he meant they use the import of the COBOL copybook to generate a mxsd and then use that to generate a XSD and are using it as a lazy way of generating the xsd rather than doing the conversion form copybook to xsd manually, I think (and I could be completely wrong here) he was seeing if in V8 there was a similar "exporting" option but think he will find that if he creates the DFDL from a copybook it will create his required XSD; which as you have said is then like any other XSD, correct ??
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You're correct - that is exactly what ChingChak was asking. I could have just answered 'Use the DFDL xsd'. But that would have been less helpful to ChingChak and future readers of this thread.

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportDFDL and XML Parsing
Jump to: