ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to clone a EG from another EG

How to clone a EG from another EG « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
wilsonho3
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: How to clone a EG from another EG Reply with quote

Voyager

I have such a question. I want to set up a testing environment in WMB environment. Since there are a lot of testing undergoing in my site. the other team is using one EG and they don't want me to touch and use that EG. I need to create another EG for my Team. The problem is that there is a lot of BARs file needs to be deployed. some BARs file have already missing for long history issue. IS it possible get a simple way to clone a EG. just my thinking. Like copy a directory in windows and all the flows understand that EG to be copied to a New EG, another crazy thinking is reverse enginerring, a way to retrieve all the deployed bar file from the old EG and use is to re-deploy to the new EG. All WMB experts here, how can I do without complete Bars file and want to re-create and re-deploy a complete set of bar file. like copy a directory. thank
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: How to clone a EG from another EG Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

wilsonho3 wrote:
some BARs file have already missing for long history issue.

Oops.

wilsonho3 wrote:
IS it possible get a simple way to clone a EG. just my thinking. Like copy a directory in windows and all the flows understand that EG to be copied to a New EG

No. The EG lives in the broker registry and even if you copy the objects, you'll need to recreate all the links between the broker and the data flow engine. Madness lies this way.

wilsonho3 wrote:
another crazy thinking is reverse enginerring, a way to retrieve all the deployed bar file from the old EG and use is to re-deploy to the new EG.

There are no "deployed bar files" in the EG, only deployed objects. 1 bar could have contained 1 - n flows, message sets and whatever.

It's theoretically possible to obtain the ESQL from a deployed flow but what you'd do about the flow (the nodes, their configuration & their connections) I'm not so sure is reliably extractable.

wilsonho3 wrote:
All WMB experts here, how can I do without complete Bars file and want to re-create and re-deploy a complete set of bar file. like copy a directory.

You don't. The best you could manage is a reverse engineered best guess which may or may not be what's running. Cross your fingers you don't have a disc crash and lose the broker.

All us "experts" have either the bar files in source code control, the actual source code in source code control or both. Because as an "expert" of over a decade's standing I'd hate to try what it looks like you're going to have to try.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to clone a EG from another EG
Jump to: