ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Problems with testing File Input (DFDL) -> Queue -> XM

Problems with testing File Input (DFDL) -> Queue -> XM « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tank_n_spank
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:09 am    Post subject: Problems with testing File Input (DFDL) -> Queue -> XM Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello,

So basically I have got a FILE INPUT node which is polling a text file every 5 seconds, but when I try to test my message flow, I just get a blank Input node and an error message pops out, even thought I have specified the FILE Input Node? I want then to pass it to a QUEUE, get the information from a QUEUE and insert it into the database.

I can successfully run the parsing, and I can see all 3 elements of my file - body_elem1, body_elem2 and body_elem3.

When I want to pass them to a queue and then into my database, do I need to declare them as SET OUTPUTROOT.DFDL.*:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1 = InputBody.*:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1; for each element?

Also do I need to declare the XMLNSC output somewhere, individually or through loop .*:body[1];?

I am really puzzled, so any help would be quite appreciated :S

Last edited by tank_n_spank on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:37 am; edited 2 times in total
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Not enough information to answer your questions.
Quote:
when I try to test my message flow, I just get a blank Input node
I don't understand. Are you using the Message Flow Debugger and seeing an empty tree structure? Or something else?
Quote:
and an error message pops out
Which error message? How are we supposed to help if we don't know what the error message said?
Quote:
even thought I have specified the FILE Input Node
er...where did you specify it?
Quote:
I can successfully run the parsing, and I can see all 3 elements of my file - body_elem1, body_elem2 and body_elem3.
Good
Quote:
When I want to pass them to a queue and then into my database, do I need to declare them as SET OUTPUTROOT.DFDL.*:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1 = InputBody.*:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1; for each element?
It depends entirely on your requirements. If you want to copy the entire message tree then you can just write
SET OutputRoot = InputRoot;
...and lower-level subtrees can be copied in the same way, without specifying all of their children.
But if you want to copy the entire tree then you don't need a Compute node at all.
...unless your output format on the queue is different from the input format from the file. But you didn't say either way.
Quote:
Also do I need to declare the XMLNSC output somewhere, individually or through loop .*:body[1];?
If you want to output some XML then you will need to create an OutputRoot.XMLNSC somewhere in your application. But I don't have a clear enough picture of your requirements to advise on where.
tank_n_spank
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hello,

I rebuilt and redeployed my bar file, so now I am able to launch my debugger and debug the flow.

An exception is being thrown when poll my .txt file from the fileinput directory.

CTDP3000E: Unexpected end of data at byte offset '<MISSING INSERT 0>' while parsing element '<MISSING INSERT 1>'. The parser encountered the end of the data stream or the end of a parent element.

I will add the OutputRoot.XMLNSC bit now and see if I can propagate it.

I have a text file, after the DFDL parser parses, I get an XML file with my 3 elements created based on the file - body_elem1, body_elem2 and body_elem3, after that I want to propagate the xml file to my Queue, read back from the Queue in a different message flow and insert into the database.

The database is pretty much straight forward, I am just having problems with this bit.

The data in my Message Queue is a little bit odd, but essentially i did receive the correct information:
Code:
<NS1:INSTRUCTIONS xmlns:NS1="http://www.test.com/test/esql/out"><NS1:TASK><Properties><MessageSet></MessageSet><MessageType>{}:MyDFDLMessage</MessageType><MessageFormat></MessageFormat><Encoding>546</Encoding><CodedCharSetId>850</CodedCharSetId><Transactional>false</Transactional><Persistence>false</Persistence><CreationTime>2014-09-25T09:45:23.864</CreationTime><ExpirationTime>-1</ExpirationTime><Priority>0</Priority><ReplyIdentifier></ReplyIdentifier><ReplyProtocol>ADAPTOR</ReplyProtocol><Topic></Topic><ContentType></ContentType><IdentitySourceType></IdentitySourceType><IdentitySourceToken></IdentitySourceToken><IdentitySourcePassword></IdentitySourcePassword><IdentitySourceIssuedBy></IdentitySourceIssuedBy><IdentityMappedType></IdentityMappedType><IdentityMappedToken></IdentityMappedToken><IdentityMappedPassword></IdentityMappedPassword><IdentityMappedIssuedBy></IdentityMappedIssuedBy></Properties><DFDL><MyDFDLMessage><body><body_elem1>12345</body_elem1><body_elem2>1234

But the 2nd element's tag is not closed, and the 3rd one is missing.

Also is this how am I supposed to declare it:
Code:

SET OutputRoot.DFDL.*:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1 = InputBody.*:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1;
         SET OutputRoot.XMLNSC.MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1 = InputRoot.XMLNSC.:MyDFDLMessage.*:body.*:body_elem1;

I mean the inputRoot.XMLNSC in my 2nd Message flow, and output.dfdl in my file input message flow?

my first message flow is - FILE INPUT -> COMPUTE NODE -> MQ OUTPUT

My 2nd message flow is MQ Input - > Compute NODE

Thanks one more time.[/code]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Problems with testing File Input (DFDL) -> Queue -> XM
Jump to: