ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportIIB 9.0.0.2 - Problem Running "Default Configuration Wi

IIB 9.0.0.2 - Problem Running "Default Configuration Wi View previous topic :: View next topic
bhigdon
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:32 pm Post subject: IIB 9.0.0.2 - Problem Running "Default Configuration Wi Reply with quote

Hi. I just installed IIB 9.0.02 on Windows Server 2008 R2, 64 bit. I was trying to verify the installation by running the default configuration wizard from the toolkit. FWIW, the toolkit is installed on the same system as WMQ and IIB.

Many of the steps succeeded including creating the queue manager and the broker instance (i.e., node). However, after that, it tried to connect and I got a security error (2035). Interestingly, in the wizard's log, there was an error when it executed an ALTER QMGR command to disable the channel authorization; I executed the command manually from RUNMQSC but it didn't make a difference

Everything looks fine when using WMQ Explorer.

Also, just a couple of weeks ago, I installed 9.0.0.2 on RHEL 6.5 and this worked fine. So, it seems like it's a problem with the Windows' version.

Any help is appreciated.

Benny
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

don't you have some scripts that will create a QMGR and broker that you can use?
Personally, I never create a default configuration. I do know of one site where the default config is used in Production (V6.1.0.0 plus it is not patched and they won't let anyone patch it or upgrade it)

If this is a real show stopper for you then raise a PMR otherwise, create your own QMGR and Broker and test it with the Tooklit.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
bhigdon
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, of course. I created them manually but still couldn't connect from toolkit.

Benny
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bhigdon wrote:
Yes, of course. I created them manually but still couldn't connect from toolkit.

Benny

Did you truly disable channel authority?
What is the output of
Code:
display qmgr chlauth

bhigdon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is weird. I had to recreate the default configuration because I had deleted it earlier. I still get the connection error but I don't see the "ALTER" command in the output. I checked the QMgr and it does have channel auth disabled:

Code:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\iibadmin>runmqsc IB9QMGR
5724-H72 (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 1994, 2014.
Starting MQSC for queue manager IB9QMGR.

display qmgr chlauth
     1 : display qmgr chlauth
AMQ8408: Display Queue Manager details.
   QMNAME(IB9QMGR)                         CHLAUTH(DISABLED)

I'll probably open a PMR with IBM but if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.
bhigdon
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks to help from a friend who's more knowledgeable about WMQ, I have found a workaround.

It turns out that WMQ 8.0 introduced a new queue manager security parameter, “CONNAUTH CHCKLOCL”, which is described at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.mig.doc/q120080_.htm. Quoting from the Knowledge Center:

Quote:
For a new WebSphere MQ Version 8.0 installation, the CONNAUTH CHCKLOCL attribute will be set to OPTIONAL. This means that user IDs and passwords are not required, but if they are provided they must be a valid pair, or they will be rejected.

It looks like the IIB Toolkit is able to provide the user ID but not the password and so the check fails. The problem was isolated by looking at the “AMQERR01.LOG” error log file.

If you look at the settings for the connection authorization in WMQ Explorer, the “Check locally bound connections” is set to "Optional" and the “Check client connections” is set to "Required for administrators". For it to work, both must be set to "None". If you only set the first, “Check locally bound connections”, to “None”, the IIB Toolkit can connect but running the pager samples fails. For everything to work, you should also set “Check client connections” to “None”.

We believe that the correct solution would be for the IIB Toolkit to provide the correct credentials so we’re viewing this as a workaround. I will be updating the PMR that I wrote with IBM Support and asking them for definitive guidance.

FYI, a similar issue was discussed on the MQ forum at http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=377471&sid=e768575070badc268c75754e66cbc1e9.

BTW, does anyone know if you can include an image in a post? I was going to include a couple of screenshots but I couldn't figure out how to do it.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

you upload the image to a website. Than you tag the image's URL with Img tags...

MQSeries.net Forum IndexWebSphere Message Broker (ACE) SupportIIB 9.0.0.2 - Problem Running "Default Configuration Wi
Jump to: