ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » AS2 Connection

AS2 Connection « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
firoj.badsa
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: AS2 Connection Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

I have requirement like, I will be receiving IDOC from SAP system, and I have to pass the IDOC to external system over AS2 connection. I have no idea about how AS2 works. Can anybody pls help me for this design.

Thanks in advance,
Firoj
fatherjack
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: AS2 Connection Reply with quote

Knight

firoj.badsa wrote:
Hi,

I have requirement like, I will be receiving IDOC from SAP system, and I have to pass the IDOC to external system over AS2 connection. I have no idea about how AS2 works. Can anybody pls help me for this design.

Thanks in advance,
Firoj

Isn't AS2 just a standard that defines an envelope that wraps your data (a bit like SOAP) and then you just send this using HTTP (a bit like SOAP). So you should be able to use the HTTP nodes to do this.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

The AS2 protocol is based on HTTP and S/MIME. It was the second AS protocol developed and uses the same signing, encryption and MDN (as defined by RFC3798) conventions used in the original AS1 protocol.

Files are encoded as "attachments" in a standardized S/MIME message (an AS2 message).

AS2 messages are always sent using the HTTP or HTTPS protocol (Secure Sockets Layer — also known as SSL — is implied by HTTPS) and usually use the "POST" method (use of "GET" is rare).

Messages can be signed, but do not have to be.

Messages can be encrypted, but do not have to be.

Messages may request a Message Disposition Notification [MDN] back if all went well, but do not have to request such a message.

If the original AS2 message requested an MDN:

Upon the receipt of the message and its successful decryption or signature validation (as necessary) a "success" MDN will be sent back to the original sender. This MDN is typically signed but never encrypted (unless temporarily encrypted in transit via HTTPS).

Upon the receipt and successful verification of the signature on the MDN, the original sender will "know" that the recipient got their message (this provides the "Non-repudiation" element of AS2)

If there are any problems receiving or interpreting the original AS2 message, a "failed" MDN may be sent back. However, part of the AS2 protocol states that the client must treat a lack of an MDN as a failure as well, so some AS2 receivers will simply not return an MDN in this case.
Like any other AS file transfer, AS2 file transfers typically require both sides of the exchange to trade SSL certificates and specific "trading partner" names before any transfers can take place. AS2 trading partner names can usually be any valid phrase.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So it should be relatively straight forward to build a message in the MIME domain and then send it to an HTTPRequest node.
jayZ
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Sorry to jump on an older post, but was curious how to implement the S part of the S/MIME. It is my understanding that, at least for this AS2 implementation, the entire MIME message is encrypted. My thoughts were to use a third party tool, like GnuPG to do the encrypting part, but I always prefer native functionality if it is available. The Infocenter and Google haven't been very helpful and then I saw this thread, which seemed relevant. If needed, I can open a new topic.

Other threads are saying this protocol isn't as straight-forward as it would seem and I wanted to get other opinions on the matter.

Thanks,
Jeff
mb01mqbrkrs
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

jayZ wrote:
Sorry to jump on an older post, but was curious how to implement the S part of the S/MIME. It is my understanding that, at least for this AS2 implementation, the entire MIME message is encrypted. My thoughts were to use a third party tool, like GnuPG to do the encrypting part, but I always prefer native functionality if it is available. The Infocenter and Google haven't been very helpful and then I saw this thread, which seemed relevant. If needed, I can open a new topic.

Other threads are saying this protocol isn't as straight-forward as it would seem and I wanted to get other opinions on the matter.

Thanks,
Jeff

Its not just the protocol that's not straight forward, its the partnership management too. Each partner can have entirely different settings - one can be using asynchronous, with SHA1 signing and compression before signing, whilst another could be synchronous, without any signing or compression. Unless you're only going to be sending or receiving with one partner who have no plans to upgrade their AS2 software, I'd really avoid creating my own solution.
jayZ
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

That makes sense. In our case, we really do only have one AS2 partner but can see how things can easily grow out of control. Thanks for the insight and reply on such an old thread.
kimbert
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I believe DataPower has good support for AS2.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » AS2 Connection
Jump to: