ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » NoClassDefRFoundError: javax/resource/spi/

NoClassDefRFoundError: javax/resource/spi/ « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ivanachukapawn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: NoClassDefRFoundError: javax/resource/spi/ Reply with quote

Knight

Developed and successfully tested a PCFAgent monitoring app using NetBeans and deployed the executable JAR for this app to another Windows server. When running this JAR I get the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/resource/spi/ConnectionRequestInfo. FYI the I get the same error on the Windows server where the app was developed. The app successfully runs from within the NetBeans IDE via the run project menu.

At a loss as to how to resolve this error: googling the web for info on javax/resource/spi I believe that the missing class is related to jca. In NetBeans, I build and test successfully with no import for javax and no classpath for jca JAR files.
The executable jar was built by NetBeans with the following information messages:
Created dir: C:\Users\j.b.davis\Documents\NetBeansProjects\ListChannelStatus\dist
Copying 1 file to C:\Users\j.b.davis\Documents\NetBeansProjects\ListChannelStatus\build
Not copying library C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\java\lib\jca , it's a directory.
Copy libraries to C:\Users\j.b.davis\Documents\NetBeansProjects\ListChannelStatus\dist\lib.
Building jar: C:\Users\j.b.davis\Documents\NetBeansProjects\ListChannelStatus\dist\ListChannelStatus.jar
To run this application from the command line without Ant, try:
java -jar "C:\Users\j.b.davis\Documents\NetBeansProjects\ListChannelStatus\dist\ListChannelStatus.jar"

NOTE: MQ\java\lib\jca was not copied to the lib directory because it is a directory - obviously where the problem lies. But the jca directory is empty in the MQ distribution: C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere MQ\java\lib -
Chris_L
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

The dependency in question should be resolved by connector.jar, which is included in the java/lib directory along with the com.ibm.mq* jar files.

I don't believe that this dependency is declared with the manifest, so you'll need to manually add connector.jar to the classpath.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » NoClassDefRFoundError: javax/resource/spi/
Jump to: