ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Problem on Workload Exit

Problem on Workload Exit « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
senthilskumar
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Problem on Workload Exit Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All

My colleague is facing a problem which is stated below. Could u plz help him out?.

Regards
Senthilkumar S.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All,

I am facing a problem with MQ clustering. I have explained the requirement below. Please help me in solving the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Vivek

Environment
---------------------
MQSeries version: 5.2.4
Platform: Windows NT
Workload exit written in "C" language.

I have 3 Queue managers QM1, QM2 and QM3 running on 3 different machines. All are part of one cluster and all the 3 queue managers are full repositories. A Local queue with the same name say LQ is defined in both QM1 and QM2 and is shared in the cluster. When a message is put from QM3 to this queue (LQ), the message is put on both QM1 and QM2 on round robin basis.
But the requirement is to put the message on QM2 only when QM1 is down. For this I am using workload exit with network priority set in such a way that, when ever a message is put from QM3, it is always put on to QM1, QM2 will come into picture only when QM1 is down.The workload exit program is availabe at
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/txppacs/mc76.html

Problem
--------------
Now the problem is, whenever a message is put from QM3 to LQ and QM1 is down, since the cluster information is not refreshed, message is still put on QM1, which will get stuck in some system queues till QM1 comes back. Rest of the messages flow smoothly to QM2 since QM1 is down.

Requirement
--------------
I want to refresh the cluster information before any message is put on to queue on QM3 which will avoid message being put on to QM1.

OR

Is there any other ways to achieve this.Please kindly throw pointers if available.
ao6517
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think that it is possible to programmatically update the cluster queue definitions before sending a message to a remote queue manager. However, it might be helpful to use the channel status instead of network priority. This information is readily available in your workload exit.

Typically you will not want to send to a remote queue manager if the status anything other than Running or Inactive. From my experience, a Running channel usually goes to Retrying within a minute or two of the remote queue manager going down or the network connection being lost. So there may be an unavoidable brief window of time when messages will get stuck in the transmit queue.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Problem on Workload Exit
Jump to: