ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Using essage catalogue in Throw node.

Using essage catalogue in Throw node. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Using essage catalogue in Throw node. Reply with quote

Master

I am trying to use my message catalogue in Throw node. The Infocenter says, for Message Catalog property,

Quote:
The name of the message catalog from which the error text for the error number of the exception is extracted. Enter the fully-qualified path and file name of the message catalog that contains the message source.

I provided /home/user/messages/En_US/myMessages as the value for Message Catalog property. Also, I set the NLSPATH to /home/user/messages/En_US/%N and /home/user/messages/%L/%N. At runtime, I have a failure message as shown below.
Code:

Sep 26 18:20:02 nsubrahm WebSphere Broker v8001[10958]: (BRKR01.default)[14]BIP2176S: Could not find message 1234 in catalogue /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/messages/En_US//home/user/messages/En_US/myMessages.cat, inserts are  n.THR01 {2} {3} {4} {5} {6}: BRKR01.541eb1bc-3e01-0000-0080-e0363f2dd01b: /build/slot1/S800_P/src/DataFlowEngine/BasicNodes/ImbThrowNode.cpp: 273: ImbThrowNode::evaluate: ComIbmThrowNode: n#FCMComposite_1_5

So, I provided myMessages as the value for Message Catalog property. At runtime, I have this error message,
Code:

Sep 26 18:15:32 nsubrahm WebSphere Broker v8001[10958]: (BRKR01.default)[12]BIP2176S: Could not find message 1234 in catalogue /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/messages/En_US/myMessages.cat, inserts are  n.THR01 {2} {3} {4} {5} {6}: BRKR01.541eb1bc-3e01-0000-0080-e0363f2dd01b: /build/slot1/S800_P/src/DataFlowEngine/BasicNodes/ImbThrowNode.cpp: 273: ImbThrowNode::evaluate: ComIbmThrowNode: n#FCMComposite_1_5

I do not know, why is my folder not picked up. I can try setting up a soft-link for /opt/ibm/mqsi/8.0.0.1/messages/En_US/myMessages.cat to point to /home/user/messages/En_US/myMessages.cat. Is this the way to get this working ?

WMB v8 on Linux.
---Sherlock Holmes
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

First off, you need to update your runtime to 8.0.0.2. Toolkit to 8.0.0.2 iFix 001.

Second, the message catalog is optional. You can throw error messages without a message catalog.

Third, I've found that using the message catalog is too cumbersome for a light-weight team to maintain. Five years ago, we used it, but it took too much effort to keep it up, so we abandoned it.
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

lancelotlinc wrote:

Second, the message catalog is optional. You can throw error messages without a message catalog.

But, that means, it will take the default catalog, no ?
---Sherlock Holmes
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Cogito-Ergo-Sum wrote:
lancelotlinc wrote:

But, that means, it will take the default catalog, no ?

No, it will take no catalog. It will simply put whatever you throw into the syslog, with no pretty-fication.

Code:
      THROW USER EXCEPTION MESSAGE 7006 VALUES 
      ( 'Unhandled exception in XXXXX_YYYYY_Compute3', COALESCE( 'XXXX_YYYYY_Compute3 : XXXXX_YYYYY : ChangeStateDefect() not implemented : XXXXXXX Id: ' || Environment.Variables.XMLNSC.XXXXXXX_ID , 'XXXXX_YYYYYY_Compute3 : null' ));

The only purpose of a message catalog is to make pretty your error message. If you don't care about putting on lipstick, then you don't need it.
Cogito-Ergo-Sum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

lancelotlinc wrote:
No, it will take no catalog. It will simply put whatever you throw into the syslog, with no pretty-fication.

Thanks !
---Sherlock Holmes
mgk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Quote:

I respectfully disagree. From the infocenter
Quote:
CATALOG is an optional clause; if you omit it, CATALOG defaults to the IBM® Integration Bus current version catalog. To use the current version message catalog explicitly, use BIPmsgs on all operating systems.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v9r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ak05150_.htm

Kind regards,
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

mgk wrote:
Quote:

I respectfully disagree. From the infocenter
Quote:
CATALOG is an optional clause; if you omit it, CATALOG defaults to the IBM® Integration Bus current version catalog. To use the current version message catalog explicitly, use BIPmsgs on all operating systems.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v9r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ak05150_.htm

Kind regards,

Perhaps I should state it another way : If an exception is thrown, and the error number cannot be found in the catalog (default or otherwise), the error will still show up in the system log. Therefore, CATALOG is optional and no CATALOG development is needful, unless the person desires to have well-formed pretty filler sentences in the system log. Without the filler sentences that the CATALOG may provide, the system out put is like so:

Code:
Apr 30 08:08:07 abc-wwww-999 WebSphere Broker v8002[24944]: (WMAAAPD1.ZZZ_YYY_EG)[68]BIP2488E:  (com.sssss.esb.eeee.aaaa.XXXXX_INSERT_Compute2.Main, 17.3) Error detected whilst executing the SQL statement 'THROW EXCEPTION  MESSAGE 7002 VALUES( 'Unhandled exception in CXXXX_INSERT_Compute2', Environment.Variables.XMLNSC.{ReplyId}.XXXXX_INSERT.response);'. : WSSSD1.ae7d5a33-3e01-0000-0080-95b5c9f71c35: /build/slot1/S800_P/src/DataFlowEngine/ImbRdl/ImbRdlStatementGroup.cpp: 692: SqlStatementGroup::execute: :

For people who would rather invest significant time in writing real code rather than filler sentences, this may be a good route. At some point later in the development cycle when developer time is at a lesser premium, one can go back and put proper catalog in place.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I'm going to disagree with MGK on the simple pedantic point that it is the Throw node in question, not the Throw statement.

The original issue appears to be that Cogito-Ergo-Sum is trying to use a full path, when the Throw node only supports a relative path from the broker install directory.

So the solution to the original query is to move the catalog to the broker install directory or put in a path that points to the right place relative to the broker install directory.
mgk
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Quote:
Throw node in question, not the Throw statement.

Did not spot that . However, internally the throw node has the same behaviour - default to the broker catalogue if one is not provided...

Kind regards,

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Using essage catalogue in Throw node.
Jump to: