ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Issue with data structure maximum size in Workflow

Issue with data structure maximum size in Workflow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gowdy
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

I am trying to model an XML message in Workflow 3.2.2 and discovered that the maximum size for a data structure member is 32 characters. However, some of the XML tags are more than 32 characters long. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Mark

[ This Message was edited by: gowdy on 2001-07-19 01:55 ]

jmac
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2001 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Mark:

What tags are you worried about? I have been using this extensively and have not had any problem with the tags. The tags for your data structure depend on the names that you have defined for that structure, and MQWF should enforce its 32 character limit. Perhaps you are concerned about nested names like this from the pre-defined structures: "_ACTIVITY_INFO.MembersOfRoles".
There are 2 member names here _ACTIVITY_INFO, and MembersOfRoles, each of these will have to be less than 32 bytes, but the fully qualified name, does NOT have that limitation. In XML this would come to you like this:
<_ACTIVITY_INFO>
<MembersOfRoles>Clowns</MembersOfRoles>
</_ACTIVITY_INFO>

If you give me some more information as to what is troubling you I am sure I can help you out with this.

MQSeries Workflow

[ This Message was edited by: jmac on 2001-07-19 07:29 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gowdy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi John

Sorry for the confusion. I am relatively new to the MQ world and XML. My issue is that in the message we are receiving, some of the XML tags are longer than 32 characters.
For example:
<Input Data>
<FirstInputDataMessageTagIsTooLong>oops</FirstInputDataMessageTagIsTooLong>
</InputData>

When I tried to model this in my data structure, the name of the Tag is too long for workflow to accept.

I hope this is more clear. Again, any information would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Mark Gowdy
jmac
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Mark:

Sorry, I was looking at this from MQWF looking out... Whereas your question was outside MQWF looking in... At any rate, IF you cannot change the tag name prior to the XML message being written, you will need to use some intermediary to change the message tags. I believe that MQSI can serve this purpose, but I have no experience with it.

I think that the only way you can make this work is to shorten the tag names.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gowdy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi John

That is something I have been looking at. Are you using Workflow 3.3? Is there a maximum size for the data structure members in MQWorkflow 3.3?

Thanks

Mark
jmac
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2001 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Mark:

If you mean the size of the member names, it hasn't changed in V330, still 32 bytes. If you mean the length of the data assigned to a member name, that has changed in V330. The total amount of data that can go into the container is now 4M. So you can actually store More data in any one member with V330. However, that is an awful lot of data to be putting into the container, and I'd have to say I'd try to discourage it.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Workflow Engines - IBM MQ Workflow & Business Process Choreographer » Issue with data structure maximum size in Workflow
Jump to: