ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » Free visual tool to map your MQ network? Help us improve it.

Free visual tool to map your MQ network? Help us improve it. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
goodwill
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Bruce you make a good point. I have been told - but the quality of an opinion is not necessarily in direct proportion to the pedandtry or ferocity of its delivery. And yet I have chewed it over, every bitter morsal.

I was in reciept of my own advice following the first couple of protestations, from someone loosely connected with the legalities in question, that suggested that I wiould be required to eventually notify IBM and seek formal permissions.

The wight of opinion since then has convinced me to seek clarification from IBM immediately, something I undertook to do a goodly while back... I am sure you took the time to review the thread.

And I am not a company. I am a guy with 3 kids who deserve more of my time. That is my primary project this week.

You are a determined and forceful man, Bruce. I am sure that works for you sometimes. Be gentle with your wife this week.

Last edited by goodwill on Mon May 28, 2012 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
goodwill
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: IBM Notified Reply with quote

Apprentice

IBM Licensing have been notified. I await their response.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Getting back on track. When I run discover I get a lot of PCF error 3008 results.

XXXXXX : Error while getting ClusQmgr names, PCF reason code :3008

Also get this, which is caused by the fact that we have some deliberately misconfigured connection strings, where the port number may have non-numerics in it.

RuntimeException: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "666XXX"

-------------

My PC keeps locking up - I think there needs to be some means to stop it running wild. I suggest that before each QM is accessed for the first time - the user is (optionally) asked if they want to include this in the network view.

Also at that point it would be handy to be able to change the client channel name, connection id, for that QM (because the inherited one may not be suitable for every QM).
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

goodwill wrote:

And I am not a company. I am a guy with 3 kids who deserve more of my time. That is my primary project this week.

You are a determined and forceful man, Bruce. I am sure that works for you sometimes. Be gentle with your wife this week.

Presence of wife and children do not affect personal or professional ethics - right vs. wrong. This is not the gray-area you perceive.

This is a professional post site. It would be unprofessional for us to advise you to violate license. It would be equally unprofessional that you have done so.

Apologies if your feelings are hurt.
souciance
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: testing qview Reply with quote

Disciple

Hello,

Regarding the software, I have tried it a couple of days, but the discovery section fails to find my queue managers and their content. Also afterwards the program consumes significant amount of memory which slows my system down and I am forced to shut it down forcefully. Is there some memory issue in case the discovery fails?
souciance
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: more comments Reply with quote

Disciple

For some reason after discovery it goes to 99% cpu and stays there which is off course not desirable. The queue and channel tabs show up for some of the queue managers it finds but I cannot see anything inside them.
goodwill
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Running wild Reply with quote

Apprentice

Appologies for the CPU issues, and the late reply.

I have have looked over the discovery algorithm, and it is far from optimal - this can be remedied.
I cannot reproduce the problem locally and wonder if it is something to do with the size of the MQ network relative to my own smallish test-bed.

Please let me know your (basic) pc specs, and the size of your MQ network. Either here or directly to mqsysdmin@gmail.com. I will try to get to it as soon as possible. Pending IBM's ruling on the distribution issue of course.
souciance
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: qview Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi,

I tried to send an e-mail to that address but it bounced back? Anyway here is what I wrote..

My MQ network is actually not that big. It consists only of 3 queue managers. However as soon as I hit discovery it goes to 99% CPU and stays there until I have to forcefully remove it from task manager. I am using it on a development vmware image with windows xp and 1.7 GB RAM and MQ version 7.1 . Let me know if you need to know more. Good luck!
goodwill
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Data Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for the data souciance. That is a worry, I will try to replicate.
The email address should have been mqsysadmin@gmail.com.
goodwill
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: QView patch 0.6.1 Reply with quote

Apprentice

QView v0.6.1 patch is available - adresses various issues including sizable memory leaks. Thanks 'dp'.

Unzip into EXISTING 'qview' directory, select 'yes' to overwrite all. The .zip has been built to preserve saved config.

Let me know how it goes. Many thanks for your feedback.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » News/Updates » Free visual tool to map your MQ network? Help us improve it.
Jump to: