ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed mode

upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed mode « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
flo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed mode Reply with quote

Hi all! We are trying to upgrade Websphere MQ to version 7.1. In our current configuration, MQ Server version is 6.0.2.7 and MQ Client version is 7.0.1.2, with Message Service Client for .NET version 2.0.0.7. We have tried upgrading MQ Client to version 7.1, with Message Service Client version 2.0.0.8. In the client .NET application, we use managed non XA client for transport property. This works fine on the old version, but on 7.1 I get an MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR on initializing the queue manager. If i use unmanaged non XA client, I do not get this error. I have tried following the network traffic and I have found that in version 7.0.1.2 after sending the initial data (queue manager name, channel), User Data and Status Data, the following comands are issued: MQCONN, MQOPEN, MQINQ and MQCLOSE. In version 7.1 everything stops after sending Status Data and the connection is not initialized. I get a MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR, reason code 2195. Here is the code:
ConnectionOptions = new Hashtable();
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY, MQC.TRANSPORT_MQSERIES_MANAGED);
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.HOST_NAME_PROPERTY, HostName);
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.CHANNEL_PROPERTY, Channel);
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.PORT_PROPERTY, Port);

//here is where I get the error:
QueueManager = new MQQueueManager(QueueManagerName, ConnectionOptions);

Did anyone run into this problem? Any help is welcome!
Thanks,
Florina
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed m Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

flo wrote:
I get a MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR, reason code 2195.

What does the associated FDC say? Specifically the ProbeId?
flo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When running the application from our test environment (without any modification for the new version), the FDC created contained Probe Id CO052000. When I debug the application localy, with the dlls from version 7.1, no FDC is created on the server.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Are you sure you have the right version of the dll in the gac?
flo
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assemblies version is 7.1.0.0
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

flo wrote:
Assemblies version is 7.1.0.0

is that locally or on your test server?
flo
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is locally. On the test server we had to roll back to v 7.0.1.2 and I didn't have time to check this.
shashikanth_in
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed m Reply with quote

Centurion

flo wrote:
Hi all! We are trying to upgrade Websphere MQ to version 7.1. In our current configuration, MQ Server version is 6.0.2.7 and MQ Client version is 7.0.1.2, with Message Service Client for .NET version 2.0.0.7. We have tried upgrading MQ Client to version 7.1, with Message Service Client version 2.0.0.8. In the client .NET application, we use managed non XA client for transport property. This works fine on the old version, but on 7.1 I get an MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR on initializing the queue manager. If i use unmanaged non XA client, I do not get this error. I have tried following the network traffic and I have found that in version 7.0.1.2 after sending the initial data (queue manager name, channel), User Data and Status Data, the following comands are issued: MQCONN, MQOPEN, MQINQ and MQCLOSE. In version 7.1 everything stops after sending Status Data and the connection is not initialized. I get a MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR, reason code 2195. Here is the code:
ConnectionOptions = new Hashtable();
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY, MQC.TRANSPORT_MQSERIES_MANAGED);
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.HOST_NAME_PROPERTY, HostName);
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.CHANNEL_PROPERTY, Channel);
ConnectionOptions.Add(MQC.PORT_PROPERTY, Port);

//here is where I get the error:
QueueManager = new MQQueueManager(QueueManagerName, ConnectionOptions);

Did anyone run into this problem? Any help is welcome!
Thanks,
Florina

I have tried and it works fine for me. I am able to connect to a remote MQ v6 queue manager from a system that has MQv7.1 installed. I have the complete installation of v7.1 both server and client. But I don't think that makes any difference.

BTW: There is no need to install Message Service Client (XMS) separately as MQ v71 installs XMS. Also XMS 2.0.0.8 is shipped with MQ v701 client and that may not work with MQ v71 client.

Here is my test program:
Code:

public void RunUserIdTest()
        {
            MQQueueManager qmgr = null;
            Hashtable props = new Hashtable();

props.Add(MQC.HOST_NAME_PROPERTY, "remotehost");
            props.Add(MQC.PORT_PROPERTY, 2000);
            props.Add(MQC.CHANNEL_PROPERTY, "SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN");
            props.Add(MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY, MQC.TRANSPORT_MQSERIES_MANAGED);

try
            {
                qmgr = new MQQueueManager("MQQM", props);
                int openOptions = MQC.MQOO_FAIL_IF_QUIESCING | MQC.MQOO_OUTPUT;
                MQQueue q = qmgr.AccessQueue("SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE", openOptions);
            }
            catch (MQException ex)
            {
                Console.Write(ex);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Console.Write(ex);
            }
        }
flo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed m Reply with quote

shashikanth_in wrote:

BTW: There is no need to install Message Service Client (XMS) separately as MQ v71 installs XMS. Also XMS 2.0.0.8 is shipped with MQ v701 client and that may not work with MQ v71 client.

Here is my test program:

Code:
  public void RunUserIdTest()
        {
            MQQueueManager qmgr = null;
            Hashtable props = new Hashtable();

props.Add(MQC.HOST_NAME_PROPERTY, "remotehost");
            props.Add(MQC.PORT_PROPERTY, 2000);
            props.Add(MQC.CHANNEL_PROPERTY, "SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN");
            props.Add(MQC.TRANSPORT_PROPERTY, MQC.TRANSPORT_MQSERIES_MANAGED);

try
            {
                qmgr = new MQQueueManager("MQQM", props);
                int openOptions = MQC.MQOO_FAIL_IF_QUIESCING | MQC.MQOO_OUTPUT;
                MQQueue q = qmgr.AccessQueue("SYSTEM.DEFAULT.LOCAL.QUEUE", openOptions);
            }
            catch (MQException ex)
            {
                Console.Write(ex);
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Console.Write(ex);
            }
        }

I removed Message Service Client and reinstalled Websphere client with all features. I tried using your code from a console application and I still get MQRC_UNEXPECTED_ERROR when creating the MQQueueManager. I enabled a trace on websphere and this is what I've got (this happens after sending UserID info):

Code:
000056E7 20:03:20.252906   8428.1           :       Exception received
System.ArgumentException
Message: Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.
StackTrace:
   at System.Buffer.BlockCopy(Array src, Int32 srcOffset, Array dst, Int32 dstOffset, Int32 count)
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQFAPConnection.NegotiateSecurity()
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQFAPConnection.Connect(MQConnectionSecurityParameters securityParms)
000056E8 20:03:20.253303   8428.1           :       ----------{  MQFAPConnection.CleanUp(Boolean,NmqiException)
000056E9 20:03:20.253576   8428.1           :       -----------{  MQTCPConnection.CloseSocket()
000056EA 20:03:20.253591   8428.1           :       ShuttingDown & Closing the Socket
000056EB 20:03:20.253804   8428.1           :       -----------}  MQTCPConnection.CloseSocket() (rc=OK)
000056EC 20:03:20.253815   8428.1           :       ----------}  MQFAPConnection.CleanUp(Boolean,NmqiException) (rc=OK)
000056ED 20:03:20.267906   8428.1           :       ---------}  MQFAPConnection.Connect(MQConnectionSecurityParameters) (rc=OK)
000056EE 20:03:20.268119   8428.1           :       Exception received
IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.NmqiException
Message: Exception of type 'IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.NmqiException' was thrown.
StackTrace:
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQFAPConnection.Connect(MQConnectionSecurityParameters securityParms)
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQConnectionSpecification.CreateAndConnectConnection(MQConnectionSecurityParameters mqcsp, MQFAP fap, String qMgrName, MQConnectOptions connectOptions, Int32 maxFapLevel)
000056EF 20:03:20.281368   8428.1           :       --------}  MQConnectionSpecification.CreateAndConnectConnection(MQConnectionSecurityParameters,MQFAP,String,MQConnectOptions,int) (rc=OK)
000056F0 20:03:20.281392   8428.1           :       -------}  MQConnectionSpecification.GetSessionFromNewConnection(MQConnectionSecurityParameters,MQFAP,String,MQConnectOptions,int) (rc=OK)
000056F1 20:03:20.281624   8428.1           :       Exception received
StackTrace:
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQConnectionSpecification.CreateAndConnectConnection(MQConnectionSecurityParameters mqcsp, MQFAP fap, String qMgrName, MQConnectOptions connectOptions, Int32 maxFapLevel)
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQConnectionSpecification.GetSessionFromNewConnection(MQConnectionSecurityParameters mqcsp, MQFAP fap, String qMgrName, MQConnectOptions connectOptions, Int32 maxFapLevel)
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQConnectionSpecification.GetSession(MQConnectionSecurityParameters mqcsp, MQFAP fap, String qMgrName, MQConnectOptions connectOptions, Int32 maxFAPLevel)
   at IBM.WMQ.Nmqi.MQFAPConnectionPool.GetSession(MQConnectOptions connectOptions, MQConnectionSecurityParameters mqcsp, MQChannelDefinition mqcd, String qMgrName, Int32 nmqiFlags, String uidFlowUserid, String uidFlowPassword, Int32 ccsid, Int32 maxFapLevel)
   at IBM.WMQ.MQFAP.NmqiConnect(String name, NmqiConnectOptions pNmqiConnectOpts, MQConnectOptions cno, Hconn parentHconn, Phconn pHconn, Int32& compCode, Int32& reason, ManagedHconn rcnHconn)
000056F2 20:03:20.293194   8428.1           :       Exception received
StackTrace:
   at IBM.WMQ.MQFAP.NmqiConnect(String name, NmqiConnectOptions pNmqiConnectOpts, MQConnectOptions cno, Hconn parentHconn, Phconn pHconn, Int32& compCode, Int32& reason, ManagedHconn rcnHconn)
000056F3 20:03:20.304116   8428.1           :       ------}  MQFAP.NmqiConnect(String,NmqiConnectOptions,MQConnectOptions,Hconn,Phconn,out int,out int,ManagedHconn) (rc=OK)
000056F4 20:03:20.304272   8428.1           :       Exception received
StackTrace:
   at IBM.WMQ.MQFAP.MQCONNX(String pQMgrName, MQConnectOptions pConnectOpts, Phconn phconn, Int32& pCompCode, Int32& pReason)
000056F5 20:03:20.304292   8428.1           :       -----}  MQFAP.MQCONNX(String,MQConnectOptions,Phconn,out int,out int) (rc=OK)
000056F6 20:03:20.305115   8428.1           :       MQException CompCode: 2 Reason: 2195

I have also tried connecting to a v7.1 queue manager and I get the same error with a similar trace.
Do I need to configure anything else in the client application or on the machine running it?
flo
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed m Reply with quote

I have also tried the sample program SimpleAsyncPut from tools/dotnet/samples and I get the same error and the same trace. Is there any configuration option that would cause the sever not to receive managed connections from a v7.1 client?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Is your userid longer than 12 characters/ bytes?
JasonE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I think this is APAR IC82112 (in open state so not externally visible yet)... try contacting IBM support showing the trace info you have and this reference.
flo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed m Reply with quote

We seem to have found the issue. For all channels to which the clients connect (SRVCONN) we have a security exit set to BlockIP. We are able to connect to the channel with v7.1 client without security exit and object authorization. We are still trying to solve this problem without removing the security exit.
Thank you very much for your help!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Most if not all of the features provided by BlockIP are fully supported and available in MQ 7.1.

You may not need the security exit to retain your secured configuration.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I think BlockIP2 has rather more features. I would prefer to use standard features, but seems unlikely for a while.

We also have previously had a long debate about the merits of using DNS names rather than IP numbers.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » upgrade Websphere MQ Client v7.0.1.2 to v7.1in managed mode
Jump to: