ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Job Seekers » MQ Admin role UK (USA)

MQ Admin role UK (USA) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rammer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: MQ Admin role UK (USA) Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi Guys, this is a general enquiry really.

Does anyone know of any companies in the UK that encourage working from home and this is the crux allow working from outside UK (currently I have to work from USA 10 - 16 weeks per year spread across the year, this is for personal reasons).

MY current role has been carrying out MQ Administration across various platforms on multiple accounts for my current company for over 10 years.

I believe I am in a lucky position at moment with my job and the flexibility but just seeing if people know if there are other such flexible companies out there.

Regards
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

In theory, any job that allows you to work from home and have flexible hours should not care where your physical "home" location happens to be at the time.

In practice, this is a discussion you should have with any potential employer, after they have indicated that they wish to make you a job offer but before you have indicated that you accept.
rammer
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi Jeff,

Yes I understand, I was really interested if any people on this forum had such arrangements working for a UK company. The only hassle I had when I asked my current employer to allow me to work from USA was I had to get a Working VISA from the embassy and go through all that pain, but again I was lucky as I work for a worldwide company with HQ's in USA and they had a team set up to help with such applications.

Regards

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Job Seekers » MQ Admin role UK (USA)
Jump to: