ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » We have problems to send files of big size,between 30 and 10

We have problems to send files of big size,between 30 and 10 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Didier Chalmagne
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have problems to send files of big size,between 30 and 100 MO.

This problem is not secured with MQSeries(Because the paramétrisation ofMQSeries is good)But well to the possibility that has our Basic Visual 5 application to handle easily files of such capacity,and to put them or to remove them MQSeries tails with the MQPUT function or MQGET.

Our Visual Basic 5 applications come from gabarits furnish with MQSéries.

Do you have techniques to put or Get in parameters of these functions (MQPUT, MQGET) The container of files of 100 MB.
It is necessary to use another type of variables, modify the configuration of the pc or server,Or exists it a fonctionality Windows or IBM that could fill the gaps of Basic Visual?

Here the declaration of the MQPUT function.
Private Declare Sub MQPUTX Lib "MQM.DLL" Alias "MQPUTstd@32" (ByVal Hconn As Long, ByVal Hobj As Long, _
MsgDesc As MQMD, PutMsgOpts As MQPMO, ByVal BufferLength As Long, ByVal Buffer As String, _
CompCode As Long, Reason As Long)

Here the procedure that call the MQPUT function.
Sub MQPUT(Hconn As Long, Hobj As Long, MsgDesc As MQMD, PutMsgOpts As MQPMO, _
BufferLength As Long, Buffer As String, CompCode As Long, Reason As Long)

If BufferLength > LenB(Buffer) Then
CompCode = MQCC_FAILED
Reason = MQRC_BUFFER_LENGTH_ERROR
Else
MQPUTX Hconn, Hobj, MsgDesc, PutMsgOpts, BufferLength, Buffer, CompCode, Reason
End If

End Sub

Therefore, our principal question is the following one.

Which is the possible means so that a Visual Basic application can put the file container of 30 Mo to 100 Mo, of his physical place on the disc in a MQSeries Queue.?

[ This Message was edited by: Didier Chalmagne on 2001-12-11 03:43 ]
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2001 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Didier,
I am not sure if I really understand your question correctly, but I will take a guess. You are having problems because you are using MQPUT to send messages that are bigger than the supported size of a String data variable in Visual Basic. I don't know exactly how big such a String can be, but I would suspect something like 64KB.
Now, in the cmqb.bas file, there is another alias for the MQPUT API call named MQPUTAny, which passes the buffer as a variable with the type Any. I don't know how your 'file container' is represented in Visual Basic, but I have a 'feeling' that it might be worth a try to use MQPUTAny to test it.
Hope thet helps,
Stefan

[ This Message was edited by: StefanSievert on 2001-12-11 11:53 ]

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » We have problems to send files of big size,between 30 and 10
Jump to: