ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to call HTTP GET using WMB

How to call HTTP GET using WMB « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
er.gursharan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: How to call HTTP GET using WMB Reply with quote

Hi,
I am working on a code. And I am sending data to an application using the SOAP request node. The data sent is a bulk message of size 25 Mb.

After sending the data. I have to enquire the status of data (whether posted successfully or not). To enquire the status I need to send HTTP GET request to batch URL: -
GET /bat/EXAMPLE/100 HTTP/1.1
Host: Example. com

Please help me as to how to send this HTTP GET request using WMB.

Thanks,
Guru

IBM Certified WMB solution developer 6.1
IBM Certified System Admin WMQ v6.0
smdavies99
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Eh?

You are sending a SOAP message and then want to poke the recipient to see if your message was received?

IMHO, you are missing the point of SOAP.

As you are send in SOAP message there will be several ack's under the hood that will take care of what you want.

firstly, if the target is down you will get an error.
then if the WSDL don't match you will get an error.
then if the data isn't sent propely (due to network issues) you will get an error.

Finally, when the webservice has done whatever it was supposed to do it will send a SOAP reply back to you.
If the webservice timesout you will get an error.

Given all that why do you want to do this other thing? Unless you can code the other end specifically to handle this request AND yours is the only things that will ever ever connect to the webservice, I can't see exactly what it will give you.
For example, how do you know that the response to your GET will be related to your request on the webservice? A webservice is exactly that, a SERVICE. other things could be using it at the same time as you. The GET response could very well be for some other request.

Finally, are you using a SOAP request Node? if so the request/reply is done inside that node so you can't do the HTTP Get anyway.

If I have got the wrong idea about what and how you are doing things please give give us a whole load more details of your flow etc.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
er.gursharan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: @smdavies99 Reply with quote

Hi
The reason as to why I need to hit the webservice again and look for response is -
The webservice which I am hitting thru SOAP request node will reply me for sure immediately. But it will take time to process long data (25MB). And SOAP request node will provide me the status as DATA PROCESSING not COMPLETE.
And have to wait till I get response that data processed successfully(COMPLETE).

So in my flow I have a timeoutcontrol and timeoutnotification node in place to enquire about the status again after 10 mins. And as per requirement to enquire the status again I just need to send HTTP GET request in the format mentioned in my previous post.
Hope this provides a better picture of problem now.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Ok,
There is an option on the HTTPRequest node to send a GET.

What I have done in the past is to
- Use SOAP/UI to get the get request right.

- then configure the HTTP node to do the same.(HTTP Settings->HTTP Method

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: @smdavies99 Reply with quote

Grand Master

er.gursharan wrote:
Hi
The reason as to why I need to hit the webservice again and look for response is -
The webservice which I am hitting thru SOAP request node will reply me for sure immediately. But it will take time to process long data (25MB). And SOAP request node will provide me the status as DATA PROCESSING not COMPLETE.
And have to wait till I get response that data processed successfully(COMPLETE).

So in my flow I have a timeoutcontrol and timeoutnotification node in place to enquire about the status again after 10 mins. And as per requirement to enquire the status again I just need to send HTTP GET request in the format mentioned in my previous post.
Hope this provides a better picture of problem now.

I would think you would use the Asynchronous SOAP nodes for this, rather than trying to deal with it yourself.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

But he didn't say that he was using V7...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to call HTTP GET using WMB
Jump to: