ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » WMQ security exit, buffer data and EBCDIC vs ASCII

WMQ security exit, buffer data and EBCDIC vs ASCII « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
zpat
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

It looped when they removed the server side exit (and forgot to tell me), it worked when they replaced it. Both client side and server side exits are working on other customer's channels and don't have bugs as such. Ours is now OK (no changes were made to the code).

July 13th? A fair chance that I will be there.
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

Well, you made me do some regression testing of MQAUSX today. I was worried that maybe there was a bug in MQ but happily there is not. I do not think your code is designed properly if it loops.

MQAUSX uses both a client-side security exit and server-side security exit to exchange encrypted user credentials. To avoid "user issues" when they deploy MQAUSX, here is what I did:

- If the user deploys the client-side security exit on the wrong channel or forgets to deploy the server-side security exit then the client-side security exit does nothing and the channel functions as if the channel does not have MQAUSX deployed.
i.e.
MQXR_INIT
MQXR_INIT_SEC
MQXR_SEC_PARMS
MQXR_TERM

- I designed the server-side security exit to be extremely versatile.

1) It works with the client-side security exit to receive encrypted user credentials

2) It works without the client-side security exit to receive user credentials in plain text

3) It works as server-side security exit ONLY (NoAuth=Y) and does not receive user credentials. It filters UserID and/or IP address and/or SSL data

I just did regression testing with WMQ v7.0.1.4 and v7.0.1.5 of these scenarios and everything is working fine. You should take a look at your code and refine/redesign it (or fix it) so that it does not loop.

Food for thought.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

It's not our code though. it was written by the third-party. I would like to improve it but unlikely to get the time to do so.
skoobee
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

There was a recent APAR IC74296:
[quote]
A WebSphere MQ v7 Requester-Server channel defined with a security exit will hang if the channel is started from the Requester side of the channel. The Requester channel goes into request state, and the Server channel goes into binding state. If the channel is started from the Server side then the channel goes into RUNNING state.

The requester-server channel pair does not start when defined with security exits. The security exchanges loops infinitely when the channel is started from the requester side. The channel starts fine if started from the server side.
[/quote]
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Yes I mentioned this APAR earlier in this thread. This was sender/receiver and the problem was solved without applying a TPF.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » WMQ security exit, buffer data and EBCDIC vs ASCII
Jump to: